The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

peaceful dreams [mousen]

2 posters

Go down

peaceful dreams [mousen] Empty peaceful dreams [mousen]

Post  clack Wed 18 May 2011, 6:35 am

peaceful dreams [mousen] Custom7

The wind in the grass kept her on the edge of sleep, still aware of her surroundings but dangerously close to tipping over. She'd been wandering for so long it was nice to just settle in some soft spring grass and relax for a couple of hours. The scent of flowers wafted through the air, and she inhaled deeply, enjoying the fragrance. Grasshoppers chirped in her ears and dragonflies buzzed around above her, hovering in the air to take a look around ever once and a while. A butterfly drifted past the color of the buttercups that rested in the grass only a few feet away from her.

The sun warmed her red and yellow fur. That and the contrast of the cool ground under her made for a good balance of warmth and chill. It was midday and the sun was almost at its peak. Large cotton clouds drifted by, casting wide shadows on the ground. It was so perfect it almost felt like a dream.

Of course no dream was perfect, however. Gray clouds loomed in the distance and she could almost feel the electricity in the air, coursing through her fur and making her skin tingle. She wouldn't be able to doze like this for long, her dream was about to be flooded. There was probably an abandoned burrow around somewhere where she could take shelter and if not she'd run to the forest and hide there.

Sighing, Yenthi got to her paws and shook any loose pieces of grass or flowers that might have stuck to her during her little nap. The storm was coming but it wasn't right on top of her yet. The wind was starting to pick up and it was bringing those gloomy clouds her way. The dragonflies and butterflies were already gone and the grasshoppers had already quieted their songs. They were preparing. She loved the rain, the thunder, the lightning. It was a show of nature and one she greatly enjoyed when she wasn't part of it. Storms were meant to be watched from the sidelines and Yenthi wasn't about to volunteer for a front row seat.
clack
clack

Rhunes : 180

Back to top Go down

peaceful dreams [mousen] Empty Re: peaceful dreams [mousen]

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 18 May 2011, 10:37 am

peaceful dreams [mousen] Custom6
He should have known. For weeks since he'd woken up with a splitting headache in this freaky rabbit filled reality (and discovered that he was suddenly a freaky rabbit too) he'd been looking for Yenthi. He wasn't an intuitive creature, and yet something in him knew that Yenthi had to be here with him. Still, when he caught sight of her, asleep in the grass relief had flooded through him. Right there and then he'd been tempted to run toward her, his stupid grin plastered across his face, probably almost falling down the mountain as he sent tiny stones scattering everywhere.

Still, he'd managed to refrain from doing so. For once, even if it was in Aeris, he wanted to surprise her. As it was, Yenthi was probably too smart for him. On many occasions she'd managed to run rings around him, the funny thing was, he didn't really seem to mind. As Jahi was thinking over his 'grand master plan' Yenthi must have awoke, because when he glanced back to where she had been, she was gone. Cursing under his breath, Jahi looked around. He'd lost her once and sure as hell he didn't plan on loosing her again.

That was when it began to rain, the raindrops were small but they were quickly covering the hillside in a layer of moisture. Whatever grand plan Jahi had, it was quickly forgotten when he caught sight of stripy ears. "Yenthi!" He yelled, despite the apparent change in form, from a stone cat-like creature to a... rabbit with antlers, his voice was unmistakable. Though, he didn't move from his spot, Jahi could quite clearly recall what had happened the last time he'd been in a mountain enviroment.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clack Thu 19 May 2011, 9:06 am

(sorry about the weirdness of the setting by the way, i forgot i was in the mountains x3)

Yenthi looked up at the sky and frowned at the gloomy looking clouds. Pulling her ears back in concern, she quickened her pace a bit in order to escape the inevitable downpour that was looming over her head, literately. The whole cat-to-rabbit change had bothered her too much. The fact that she'd woken up one day and having had her tail cut off, her ears stretched, and antlers glued onto her furry little head had only freaked her out for for a day or two. The fact that she wasn't in Samenia anymore was pretty obvious. After getting the panic at becoming the Easter bunny out of her system there was more panic when she realized she was in an entirely different world from her beloved family, all she had. She was dropped off in a completely new realm with nothing. Perfect. Somewhere in the back of her mind something told her she wasn't completely alone, however.

Hearing her name called made her think she was going nuts for a moment. No one in this realm knew her name and she was pretty sure no one sounded exactly like her lost mate. When she perked her ears, though, the sound of bunny feet was there and she wasn't imagining it. She'd thought someone had been following her. Turning, she was stunned into silence. It sure looked like him, except with a fluffy tail and a couple of horns sticking out of his skull. The fact was it looked like him, sounded like him, and it knew her name. That was good enough for her. And if it wasn't him she'd just interrogate him until she knew how he knew her name and looked so much like her mate.

"Jahi...Jahi!"

Her heart ached at the thought of it really being him. It could be, though. Did that mean Tiath and Ackeri were there as well? Or any others? Were they the only ones? They couldn't be, though, it didn't make any sense. Still, Jahi was better than no one. At least she wasn't all by herself anymore.
clack
clack

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 22 May 2011, 9:27 am

"Hey, you remember me, right? I think we were pretty close in another universe or something." A weak joke, but it was the best he could think of. Tiny stones scattered beneath his feet, rolling down the rocky hillside as he made his way toward her. Jahi stood a few inches away, odd behaviour for him."This whole realm thing is crazy, eh? I just hope Sokkwi is alright. You know what he's like with his tinfoil hats and everything." Some of the more intelligent people Jahi knew called his son an eccentric genius, they'd got the eccentric part right, though sometimes he wasn't too sure about the 'genius' bit. "He'll probably think we've been abducted by aliens." Despite the light tone to his voice, his expression showed that he was really rather worried about them all. Hassani and Dendera would be fine, infact they were probably throwing a party right now, it was Bakari that he was worried about. He could take care of himself, mostly, when he wasn't tripping over himself, but no doubt he'd see it as a betrayal that Jahi had just disappeared without a word to him.

"You allright, Yenthi?" She had people of her own to worry about. No doubt she was in pieces over Tiath and Ackeri, she probably wouldn't show it as much as he did though. "It's possible that they're here, there might be a way back. I mean everything's connected, in a strange sort of way, I mean just look at Samenia and Re'klet." It was an odd situation to be in, and really, Jahi still had no real idea of what kind of world he was now living in. Sure, he knew the basics, burrows, warrens, humans, feral jackalope, even so he really didn't feel like he knew the place. In a way, he felt like some kind of lost tourist, just biding his time in a place he didn't really understand.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  clack Thu 26 May 2011, 9:05 am

"Pretty close? You say that like you were my mate." She did her best to snuggle her head under his chin without taking his head off with her antlers. Those things were really going to get on her nerves, how did the rabbits stand it? She was almost glad Tiath and Ackeri weren't there, they'd never end butting heads and throwing bad insults like "tree-head" or "cotton-tail" at one another. She'd never hear the end of it. "Maybe we were abducted by aliens. Weird, horned rabbit aliens." It was an idea she had definitely explored before, but then thought herself a paranoid fool for searching the sky for movement one night.

Jahi didn't look much different from the cat form to cute bunny form. She still wasn't used to it, though. He looked more like a pet than a mate. But, she'd probably get used to it eventually. She knew he was talking about her sons and Sokkwi, or both their sons really. She considered him their father. "I hope they aren't. It'd be selfish of me to want them here just because I miss them." She was sure they were having the time of their lives. Still worrying about her and searching, but enjoying the new freedom her disappearance brought them. "The only thing is we aren't gods. I have no idea how to open a portal or anything or even how we got here the first place. Something just happened." Yenthi pondered it for a moment. She hoped there was a portal, hoped to the gods there was. Could Erulisse hear their prayers here? She hoped dearly.

(laaate, sorry Dx)
clack
clack

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 01 Jun 2011, 5:10 am

"Us?" He asked, mock surprise on his face. "Nah, from what I remember we were just friends." Jahi didn't mind the antlers, but granted they sure were annoying at times. After a few moments of antler avoiding, he rest his head at the base of her skull. "I'm not sure. They seem to have their own problems without having more jackalope around. From what I can gather, the jackalopes were under the impression that they were the only sentient beings in this... realm. Then the humans showed up, and they thought the same thing, until they met the jackalope. There's a language barrier, but it was quite obvious that both species were sentient. Things are a bit tense, but neither side's looking for war. Apparently, the written language of the jackalope is pretty similar to Anglo Saxon runes, I think. It's funny, because I assume we're both speaking 'jackalope' now, I was down by the human's port, and I found that minus a few phrases, I was able to understand them pretty well. You think the language is similar to 'Samenian'?"

Jahi nodded. "I understand, but Samenia is on the brink of war, you know. I'm sure they'll be fine... but if we found a way back and a way there, it might be better to stay here a while. Escape all the fallen gods, you know?" It was odd here, there seemed to be something of a religion... traces, but it had all been wiped out. "Well, I'm sure that we can figure out a way. I mean, we could talk to some of the batty locals or something, they might help. S'what they do in all those crackpot detective novels." Jahi grinned, at the very least, you couldn't call life dull at the moment.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  clack Sat 25 Jun 2011, 2:18 am

"Well, if we were just friends then that means I'm free to find some other big strong male." she pushed him playfully and grinned. "I've seen quite a few handsome ones around here." That wasn't entirely true. Yenthi had only wandered into a town once before when she was desperate for information. After that she'd just wandered, sticking to the more secluded areas. She'd been approached before, exchanged a few pleasantries, avoided a few hopeful young males. Nothing two dramatic. Though, if Jahi insisted on being "just friends" she was sure those males would mind if she stopped in one day.

Yenthi couldn't imagine what trouble her boys would be getting into. She knew they were going to fight in the war and do whatever they could. They knew she could take care of herself and they must have heard word that Jahi had disappeared as well. Maybe they thought she and Jahi had run away or something, but they had no reason to. If they worked together they would probably think up a whole bunch of possibilities and rule most of them out as they thought them up. They were smart, she'd raised them well. "I'll kill them if they get hurt." she said, almost to herself, but the worry was apparent in her voice. She couldn't stand not knowing their movements.

"The languages do seem similar, I've been able to understand human pretty well. We don't really have a choice to investigate or not, unless you'd like to stay here forever?" Yenthi didn't want to stay another day. She was homesick, missed her family, and would give anything to see a jeweled cat.
clack
clack

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

"Hmph, I don't think so." He said pulling a face. "I hear rabbits have horrible dental hygiene, it's all the carrots. Sure, they're good for the eyes, but god they don't do much for the teeth. You wouldn't want to be anywhere near a real jackalope, hideous creatures. More fleas than me on a bad day. Ticks and worms, horrible. Unless you think ticks are attractive?" He was wearing that stupid grin again. Clearly he'd been collecting up off-putting points all week, anything to keep Yenthi away from the local wildlife.

Little did Jahi know what Sokkwi was amusing himself with in his absence. It wouldn't bother him too much if he knew, it would be the surprise more than anything. Sokkwi had found himself a lifemate, one just as strange as himself. He was the god of Riddles And All Things Rather Contrarywise, he went by Rubi. They were a good couple. Jahi was just lucky neither of them were in possession of one those magical amulet things... "Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be fine, Yenthi. They're smart kids. Atleast yours won't be running around in tinfoil hats convinced aliens are the reason his father's gone missing." Actually, he was wrong about that. It wasn't a tinfoil hat, it was a melon hat again, and it wasn't aliens. It was evil dark spirits from the centre of Samenia.

"Good, then we'll have to act like lost tourists or something... I mean, people will think we're as mad as march hares otherwise." He paused for a moment, glancing down at himself. "Scratch that, we are flippin' march hares. On the brightside, I hear there's a meadow downhill a little, there's got to be some jackalope there."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  clack Sat 09 Jul 2011, 2:59 am

"I must if I think you're attractive you little insect. Now move your fluffy bunny butt down this mountain before I do it for you." maybe she would just disappear for a little while, just to give him a scare if he insisted on keeping this act up. It would serve him right for playing with her so. She'd just wake up early one morning and go for a quick walk, hide in a tree or something to watch the show.

Yenthi sighed and shook her head, "Sometimes I wonder. They've done some strange things before and gotten into some pretty sticky situations." such as getting stuck on a cliff, falling into a ditch, and getting caught in traps they set themselves. Yenthi hadn't even asked what they'd been trying to catch that time. She didn't want to know.

"I doubt the locals will know much of anything unless it happened around the area they lived. We'd probably have a better chance with feral jackalope or just ones that travel around a lot." when she traveled Yenthi had discovered that she heard more news than when she stayed in one place. The more nomadic jackalope would have a better understanding of the goings-on of this realm than the local ones.
clack
clack

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 11 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

Jahi laughed. "Touché," He said simply, heading down mountainside. Did Yenthi have a comeback for everything, or was it just around him? Still, he wasn't going to say that aloud.

"They're both older now and certainly more mature. I'm sure that they'll be able to take care of themselves." Jahi replied, trying to reassure her. He was sure they'd be fine, maybe a little worried but fine. While he was a little worried about the trouble Sokkwi might be getting into, he was sure that really he would be fine. There was plenty of trinkets that originated from his haven that would keep an eye out for him. Lately, he'd become alot more practical, still as crazy, but definitely more practical.

"Well, we could try. I've heard some nasty rumours about the feral jackalope, but y'know what trinkets-- jackalope, even, are like for gossip. We could ask about any mysterious disappearances around the area perhaps? Or any areas that are known for being mysterious? If there's a way here, there has to be a way back. The Re'klettans when he left had been talking about how Re'klett was merging into Samenia, so there's a good chance we'll be able to get back." Atleast, he hoped so. Even if there were doubts in his mind, he temporarily put them aside in his attempt to make Yenthi feel better.

(( Do you want to move this to the Meadows? o3o You can post a post, and then one of us can start the new RP? <3))
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  clack Mon 08 Aug 2011, 12:23 am

"Define 'more mature'." more mature? No, more independent? Definitely. "They're on their own almost all the time now, even apart from each other but I at least would have a basic idea of their whereabouts and what they were up to. They might take this chance to get away with anything, and I swear if they go and join that war without talking it over with me I'll rip their heads from their spines." usually a hiss would have been added in here, but no longer being a feline Yenthi wasn't capable of that and it really annoyed her sometimes.

She'd heard plenty of rumors about the feral. How bloodthirsty and cannibalistic and down right rude they were. "Well, they can't be any worse than Dendera. How many times has she tried to eat you now?" still, it might e good to talk to them. If anyone knew anything Yenthi would bet it was them.

(I'm soooo soo sorryy it took so long Dx and yes, we can move down into the meadow, it sounds like a plan ^^)
clack
clack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down