The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3

2 posters

Go down

Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3 Empty Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 22 May 2011, 6:53 am

Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3 Custom2
Eridan sat, alone as always. He watched silently as the clouds passed over head. All he can think of is how much everything has gone down hill since he was born. Hope is something he is supposed to have, and yet, the lack of it was what disturbs him the most of all. He sighed and fiddled with his scarf that was tightly wrapped around his neck, though it was rather warm outside. He didn't care. All he cared about was thinking, pondering about something that was hopefully less depressing then other things he normally thinks about.The wind blew the scarf back, but only slightly. The wind wasn't very high today so it wasn't a worry about being blown off the mountain or anything like that.He sighed and then looked down below at the creatures and plants that inhabited the ground below.

Last edited by auntslappy282 on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3 Empty Re: Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 22 May 2011, 9:58 am

Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3 Custom1
"When a knight won his spurs, in the stories of old,
He was gentle and brave, he was gallant and bold;
With a shield on his arm and a lance in his hand,
For God and for valour he rode through the land.
"

Jalopy sang, as he approached Oddin's peak. He had a habit of randomly bursting into song, he was like a musical time-bomb, about to go off at any moment. He didn't sound entirely unpleasant, even though he was ever so slightly off key. This jackalope was an odd one, for starters he was wearing a rather strange looking waistcoat, and ever so often he'd mutter something under his breath. "Oh, I'm late, I'm terribly terribly late. Oh, I know, I know, I'm terribly, terribly late." By the end of his little rant, he was singing again.

"I'm late, so awfully late,
It's so impolite and tardy,
From a Christmas party to a summer fete,
I always end up late!

I always arrive last,
It's a terrible habit of mine,
As much, as I try to arrive on time,
I'm always so awfully late!

No matter what I happen to do,
I end up last through,
And though I try to remember,
From January to December,
I'm always so awfully late!

And then there was that time,
Where I misjudged and opened the wine!
Oh, it was a shambles!
My reputation in tatters,
Why must I always be late?"

If Jalopy wasn't so... unusual, he would have made a good bard. There was certainly some power in those tiny lungs of his. He didn't seem to notice the other jackalope that was only a few feet away, infact he climbed up one the honey-coloured marble steps and sat down, apparently watching something. ... This was what he was late for?

((First song is an old English Hymn, second song/thing was written by myself~ :3))

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Mon 23 May 2011, 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3 Empty Re: Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 22 May 2011, 12:23 pm

Eridan practically fell off the cliff when he heard the singing behind him. He turned around and saw the Jackalope make his way up the cliff. He was singing about being late? What would he be late for up on this mountain? Eridan watched him sit down and stare at something. He looked at him with a completely confused look. He cleared his throat and then approached the Jackalope. "Uhm excuse me sir, but are you okay? You appear to be starin' at nothin'. I mean, its not like I can judge you or anythin' it just seems odd for you to come up on a mountain and say your late for somethin' and just sit down and stare at nothinness. Sorry if I'm being rude or somethin'." He looked away for a second then brought his attention back to the Jackalope.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sat 18 Jun 2011, 9:33 am

"No offence taken my good sir! I am a rather odd creature, many people think me mad!" He laughed, a short barking laugh. "Why, I probably am!" Jalopy paused, suddenly peering at the Jackalope before him. "If you don't mind me saying, sir, you've got the most adorable accent I've heard in a long while." Somehow, he figured Eridan would mind him saying so, but Jalopy was the kind to say what he wanted to, rather than what anyone else wanted him to. "I'm here on good authority that there's going to be a cloud shaped like a teapot coming over the horizon in about five minutes or so. Would you care to wait with me? I'm sure it's going to be spectacular."

He sat down, silent again, though after a moment or two he turned back toward the other jackalope and said. "Oh, how rude of me! I'm Jalopy."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:05 am

Eridan was rather surprised by the whole thing to be honest. He smiled slightly at his comment about his accent. "Oh why-why thank you. Your the first person to say such a thin'." He said, blushing slightly. The cloud shaped like a teapot peeked his interests. He smiled. "Well I wasn't plannin' on leavin' any time soon, so I'd be fine with watin' for this cloud you talk about," He said. He's v's sounding as w's. He walked slightly closer to the Jackalope and sat down next to him. It was nice to have company every once and a while. "Oh very nice to meet you! I'm Eridan." He nodded at the Jackalope with a smile.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:24 am

Jalopy shrugged. "Most people don't say what they think, they say what's expected of them and what other's want them to say. I don't do that." He said simply, sounding less crazy than usual. "I got word from a psychic goat farmer. As a general rule, goat farmers are reliable folk. Not like sheep farmers, can't trust them as far as you could throw them." He tutted, shaking his head. It seemed that he was back to being... Jalopy again. Not that there was anything really wrong with that, atleast it made for interesting conversation.

(Fail. XD)
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

Eridan nodded slowly in agreement with what the Jackalope said. "I agree. People aren't sayin' thin's they think." Eridan listened to the rest of what he said, rather amused by how quickly he changed in his moods. He smiled. "Sounds like a trustworthy man." Of course, he was just joking. He let the breeze flow through his scarf and his fur, he smiled.

((You and me too. XD))
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

Not Magic, Science! [P; Mousen and I] Done. :3 Custom18

"Jalopy! Jay! I changed my mind about coming up to this bloody place, but that's only because you sounded so disappointed when I told you to get lost." Wester barely had time to finish his sentence, before and elated Jalopy pounced on top of him. "I know you'd turn up, Wester, I knew it!"

"... Yeah, yeah. But would yah do me a favour Jay?"
"Of course love, anything!"
"Move, I can't breath."
"Oh, my apologies."

Jalopy bounced back toward the temple step, a ridiculous smile across his face. "Eridan, my dear friend! This is my mate, Wester. I tried to use emotional blackmail to get him up here, it worked!"
Wester, who always spoke through the material in his scarf simply said. "Hey, nice to meetcha, I suppose." Clearly he was an entire world away from how Jalopy was. He seemed nice enough though.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

Eridan jumped slightly when he heard another voice coming from behind him. He turned around to see the other Jackalope approach. Apparently Jackalopy knew him. Oh he was his mate. He nodded, yet there was a slight sadness in his mind. He would never be able to have a relationship of any sorts with any living creature in the world. Maybe he could try the living dead. Eridan smiled and then quickly said, "Oh yes. Very nice to meet you. I'm Eridan." He stuck out his paw in a kind gesture, with a smile on his face. I laughed slightly at Jackalopy's comment. Emotional blackmail was never fun.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:58 am

Wester shook Eridan's hand, before sitting on the step below Jalopy. "Are you sure that they said a teapot shaped cloud? Besides, why a teapot? It's not exactly the most interesting thing ever." Unlike Jalopy, it seemed that Wester was rather blunt.
Jalopy paused for a moment before answering, used to Wester's disinterest. "...Have you ever seen a teapot shaped cloud, Wester? In your entire list have you ever seen a water and air (or whatever goes into clouds) look like a teapot?"
"...Er, no."
"My point exactly."

Just as Jalopy had finished speaking, a sudden gust seemed to blow up, brushing the clouds aside. And somewhere between the gust of wind and blinking, there was a cloud that was most definitely teapot shaped in the sky.

"I told you goat farmers were reliable."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 27 Jun 2011, 4:40 pm

Eridan smiled slightly, a slight bit of jealousy in his watching the happy couple. He sat down behind the group and just watched the clouds. He uttered a slight laugh when the two mates were talking about the tea cup shaped cloud. Eridan practically fell over when the wind blew, his scarf billowing and not helping him with keeping his balance. He caught himself before falling over and making a fool out of himself, however. He looked up at the sky and couldn't help but gasp.

Yes, he was into Magic Science, but this just seemed to be a miracle. He smiled, and watched the cloud move slowly and happily around in the sky, nothing to care about. What a lucky little cloud. He sighed and wished he had the life of a could. Just wandering aimlessly in the sky, not worrying about stupid things like relationships and what not.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:46 am

"So do you haven anything else planned, Eridan, sir?" Jalopy asked, breaking the not uncomfortable silence. "On a pleasant day like this there's all kinds of things one can find to do." He smiled, as the desert winds battered the cloud, slowly misshaping it. "Though, I feel the weather's taking a turn for the worst. It'll be snowing by this evening."

"Bah! We'll be so lucky. It's mid-summer in one of the hottest places in Aeris! How will you get it to snow?" He should know Jalopy by now. Yet he still insisted upon asking stupid questions.

"If I ask it to snow nicely enough, it'll snow. Manners will get you most places. Besides, I should like to see it snow in July, what if I die tomorrow without seeing it snow in the Ochre plains? I think I'd be rather sad. I shouldn't like to die regretting what I haven't seen." With that he grinned cheerfully at Eridan before climbing up the honey-coloured marble steps.

Wester turned to Eridan. "He's a funny one, Jalopy. I'll never understand how he's right about these things. Say, why were you up here anyway? You don't look like you've been talking to any human goat farmers lately."

(I'll finish coding this later. XD)
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:04 am

Eridan was taken out of his thoughts at the question Jalopy asked. He shook his head in reply. "No, I have no plans for the day. I hardly do, probably because of the fact theirs no one back home who even wants to talk to me," He said with a weak smile. No one really ever did talk to him back in the Hollow. Most of the time, people just took him as a lame hipster and that was that. Not even thinking twice about what they thought or even giving the poor thing a chance. He listened to the two talk for a bit before he was asked another question.

"Oh, I was just up here thinkin' about somethin's. Nothin' really to spectacular," He said, shifting slightly on his feet. He didn't really have anything to do, or really had a particular reason to even be up here. Nor was he really that much of a chattering Jackalope. He looked around and then stood up, stretching slightly. "So I take it you guys live where it's hot all day huh?" He said, just trying to make something that resembled small talk in some shape or form.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 11 Jul 2011, 7:56 am

"Why ever not? You're wonderful company, Eridan. I don't see why anyone should have anything against you." Jalopy said, kindly, taken aback. If he didn't sound so earnest, one might have mistaken him for being facetious. He'd never been one to judge by appearances, infact Jalopy was one of those people that didn't seem to judge anyway.

"Hm? Well thinking is something, it's a good place to come and think, up here." The jackalope nodded, glancing back at the horizon before hopping inside the temple. It was several degrees cooler inside the temple, and the whole place seemed to have an air of calm around it.

"Nah, we're from Bjorn. Well, I'm from Bjorn, originally Jalopy came from Brandr though. We're just up here for a couple weeks, sightseeing." Wester butted in cheerfully. "Besides, I don't think I'd survive long in the warmth with this scarf." he laughed.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Fri 15 Jul 2011, 6:33 am

Eridan smiled, and a slight chuckle followed. "Thanks. It's a rather long story." He said, his smile fading as he thought about his past. It wasn't the happiest thing to think about, thats for sure. He nodded at Jalopy's comment. "Yeah, It's been a kind of ritual for me to come up here and think, same time every day," He said, looking back up at the sky.

Eridan walked closer to the temple and listened to Wester. He nodded. "Yeah, I could see that. Though mines not that thick, it still gives me some issues around hotter places," He said with a smile. It was interesting to hear how love had brought the two Jackalope together to live happily ever after. Was it too Hopeful to think that? Well he was the Prince of Hope, so I guess it wasn't to terribly bad to be hopeful once in a blue moon.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Thu 28 Jul 2011, 9:07 am

" 'Long story' is usually Wester-speak for 'I don't want to talk about it', I'd imagine that translates into Eridan-speak quite well too." Jalopy said with a half-grin. He wouldn't make Eridan talk about it, if he didn't want to. It was obviously a touchy subject for him.

"It must be quite a trek up here, right?" It was nice thing to do, though Wester wouldn't have wanted to be the one to make the haul from the Ochre plains. "It's more of a help than a hindrance in Bjorn, it's absolutely freezing down there."

"Well, if we're all acquainted, perhaps some tea would be in order?"

(( You can either just put (done) in the title, or post another post, if you want to. ^w^ ))

Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down