The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alone or Not? [P; Wyvern & Snack]

2 posters

Go down

Alone or Not? [P; Wyvern & Snack] Empty Alone or Not? [P; Wyvern & Snack]

Post  Wyvern Fri 29 Jul 2011, 11:47 am

Alone or Not? [P; Wyvern & Snack] Custom29

Ah, the Town of Greystone. One of the many places in Aeris where a Jackalope wouldnt be. However it was a busy day unlike any other, there was a lot of noise and many people were walking around the streets doung unusual business. Madoroka appeared on a large road where silence was the least thing you could hear. She wasnt disturbed by the noise, though, she walked untill stopping near a large fountain. It looked like it was purely made out of dark sand, yet the water looked crystal clear. Madoroka started to look around. She was searching for a unusual friend- a human that often stays in Greystone. She felt like she was the only un-human being in the Town that moment. Mador wondered, how could she possibly find a human in a thousand? She sighed and sat on the fountain, staring at the water.

Madoroka could barely see the difference between the humans that came and went by. She was patient, though, because her friend promised to meet her somewhere around where she was. In fact all the humans looked like they were the same. "Oh, great. I had to come here at the wrong time." She said to herself as she just stood there, waiting for the moment to come.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Rhunes : 85
Location : If you stare long into the Abyss... The Abyss stares back at you.

Back to top Go down

Alone or Not? [P; Wyvern & Snack] Empty Re: Alone or Not? [P; Wyvern & Snack]

Post  Snack Fri 29 Jul 2011, 3:48 pm

Alone or Not? [P; Wyvern & Snack] Custom42

Monroe huddled, shivering and wide eyed, squashed against the side of a building. The crowd of humans bustling about seemed to press in on him, suffocating and sucking all the oxygen away. He panted, mouth open and breath ghosting hotly past his lips. He never should have let Toola convince him to come into town with her! It had been his worst idea yet! Monroe would have kicked himself if he wasn't too busy panicking.

His eyes caught sight of a familiar pair of boots. Were they Toola's? Had she finally returned to him? Monroe couldn't tell, as soon as he'd spotted them they had disappeared back into the crowd. He had to find out. And anything was better then cowering in the dust. So with a sharp cry, Monroe sprinted forward, eyes rolling wildly as he zigged and zagged through the rushing humans. A cart pulled out abruptly in front of him and the horse drawing it reared, neighing sharply. Monroe bounded right up into the air and scurried out of the way. He had no clue where he had ended up, having lost all direction in his mad dash. He tried to squeeze himself between two crates, but his horns got stuck.

"Oh! Oh bother!" He cursed, struggling to get loose again and not even noticing the strikingly colored female who stood only a short ways off.

Snack
Snack

Rhunes : 149

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Fri 29 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

"Huh? What was that noise?" Madoroka said as she jumped from the edge of the fountain and started to look around. She stopped upon seeing a rather odd Jackalope with his horns stuck. Mador wasnt alone now! She ran to the Jackalope hoping he was okay. "H-hello there," She said as she gave a faint smile, she seemed more worried than happy to see she wasnt the only Jackalope. "Are you allright? Let me help you." Madoroka said as she pushed away the crates surrounding Monroe.

Madoroka smiled again and asked, "Well, I never thought someone like me would come here at the same time I do." She said as she noticed the loud crowd noises dissapearing. Mador was glad there werent many humans anymore. "So uh, what are you doing here?" She asked to the Jackalope as she saw the sunlight fade, oddly the sky seemed to become covered in clouds.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Snack Sat 30 Jul 2011, 5:46 am

"Wh-who, me?" Monroe had lost his balance as the crates were pushed away, sending him to topple into the dust once more. He stayed down this time, crouching in a tight little ball of shivering pink fur. "Oh...w-well I w-was looking for my companion..." He admitted. He'd always held that talking to strangers was bad. But this lovely lady was the only other jackalope he'd clapped eyes on all day. And seeing as how meeting others was his whole reason for tagging along, he felt he might as well.

"A human. Er, my companion is...She convinced me to come in today.... I am regretting it...." Monroe admitted in a small voice. His ears hung low, and he was able to look a heck of a lot smaller then he really was. "Ah, w-where are my manners." He said, long ears perking just a bit. Monroe unfolded himself a little and tried a smile. "My name is Monroe. It is...a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He said, reaching out one paw to lift the lady's, only to press a chaste kiss to the back of it. Just because he was scared nearly out of his wits didn't mean Monroe couldn't be a gentleman.
Snack
Snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Sat 30 Jul 2011, 8:31 am

Madoroka smiled at Monroe, she was glad he was allright. "I came for the same reason, too. I have a human friend who often comes to this town, so I came to visit her." She responded, but she noticed the friendly Jackalope being seemingly afraid. But she didnt really mind Monroe's way of being, in fact Mador was a bit scared too, and she was suprised upon seeing the Jacklaope showing more respect towards her! She was never treated that way. All the humans who walk by the town made her grow afraid of them. She hasnt came to the town in almost forever, so she was not used to the busy crowd. "So, do you know this place or anything? Im somehow lost, and my friend hasnt arrived from what I can see."
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Snack Sat 30 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

Monroe shook his head sadly.
"No, I'm afraid I don't know this town at all w-well. I hardly ever even come out of the forest." He admitted, looking down. He wished he could help this lady find her friend. Perhaps when Toola finally presented herself, she could help? "Ah, before I forget, might I ask w-what your name is?" He asked, trying to smile again, with more success.

Just then a young human woman, dark of hair and pale of skin, spotted the pair of jackalopes.
"Haloooo!" She called, raising one hand and waving. Monroe flinched back at first but quickly recognized who it was shouting and bounding over to them.

"Toola!" He said, perking right up at the sight of her. He even uncurled from his tight little crouch.

"There you are Monroe! I've been looking everywhere, I thought I'd lost you!" She scolded, taking a seat on one of the crates. Monroe hopped up and took a seat on her lap, Toola took the hint and stroked her hand down his back, smoothing out the ruffled fur and helping to rid Monroe's coat of it's layer of dust.

"You did loose me!" Monroe scolded right back, sounding a little peevish. Just because he was very easily frightened and startled did not mean that he at all liked to be. "You said you w-would never leave my side, you said you w-would keep me safe!" He ranted, reaching up with one paw and tugging on a loose strand of Toola's dark wavy hair. "And just look, not five minutes in and w-we become separated!" Monroe huffed, turning around so that he was facing the lady jackalope once again.

"I might as w-well make introductions w-while I have the chance." He said, clearing his throat and gesturing to Toola. "This is my human companion, Toola. Toola, this is..." He paused, frowning. "W-well now." Monroe said, looking embarrassed. "I'm afraid I don't know your name, madame..." He admitted.
Snack
Snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Sat 30 Jul 2011, 11:43 am

"The name's Madoroka, Pleased to meet you, Toola!" Madoroka said as she was happy to see Monroe found his friend. She then jumped on one of the crates and sat on it. "Well, your friend here didnt exactly got lost. There was a lot of people a while ago, and he got stuck while trying to way between the crowd. I came across him and I helped him get out, so it must be that we're unlucky to have came at a time like this!" Mador said as she laughed, because she was right. She was the one who got lost, but she was glad to have met the two friends.

"Say, what's your name, then?" Madoroka asked to Monroe as she smiled. She found Monroe somewhat intersting, he was afraid of almost everything, but he was really nice towards others. Mador had never met a Jackalope like this. "Toola, my friend is named Aldira. She works somewhere around here, but she only stays for a few days. She, well, convinced me to come but she hasnt arrived here. She promised she would meet me at the fountain over there, but..." Madoroka replied as she leaned her head and turned to the fountain she was a while ago.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Snack Tue 02 Aug 2011, 7:10 am

Toola listened, her mouth screwing up as she tried to remember all of the people she knew.

"The name sounds familiar...." She admitted. "But I don't think I've ever met Aldira in person." She said, shaking her head. Monroe frowned, looking from Toola back to Madoroka.

"I'm sorry..." He said. He wished he could help her find the human she was looking for. Toola frowned a little herself, still thinking. Her hand stroked down Monroe's soft back and she turned to stare at the fountain as well, though she wasn't really seeing it, her thoughts turned inwards. Monroe wiggled free and hopped lightly to the ground and went to sit by Madoroka.

"But perhaps there is something we can still do!" Toola said suddenly, surging to her feet and making Monroe squeak and hide behind the Madoroka. "I might not know Aldira myself, but I do know where we can go to find her!" She said, face glowing with a smile. "Theres a pub only a short ways down the street that is much used by traders or anyone who comes to town to sell their goods. If she's here, someone there will have seen her." Toola said confidently.

Monroe peeked out from behind his shield. It was amazing how he was able to cram all of himself in behind Madoroka, he looked far too big to do it, but somehow he managed.
"That is a w-wonderful idea!" He said, though he still shivered a little from his brief scare. "W-what do you think, madame?" He asked, looking to Madoroka. It was her friend they would be searching for, after all. And Monroe had taken it as his duty to assist the lovely Lady Madoroka as best he could. Though his heart was beginning to pound and his legs were turning weak at the mere thought of going back out onto the street. Even though he would have both Toola and Madoroka with him, Monroe could feel panic begin to well up inside of him.
Snack
Snack

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Tue 02 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

Madoroka smiled and said happily, "Yes, I think she might be there. Thank you!" She jumped from the crate she was sitting on and started to walk towards the open street, and hugged Monroe. "So where is this, pub where merchants use to do their business?" She asked as she couldnt stop smiling, she was very happy that finally she would get to meet with her old friend again. Its been a lot of time since she last seen her, and she wanted to give something in return for all the things Aldira had done for her.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down