The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bobbypins [P, Auntie]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bobbypins [P, Auntie] Empty Bobbypins [P, Auntie]

Post  Mousen Heath Fri 11 Nov 2011, 11:39 am

Bobbypins [P, Auntie] Greystone

Over time, the grey had started to fade from his coat and Greystone's real colours had come through. Just as the village seemed to be discovering who it really was, the elder spirit was too. He gave off an aura of hesitance and nervousness as he walked through the streets, being the elder spirit of Greystone, he obviously felt more comfortable here than anywhere else. The little sea side port, too was beginning to warm up to the little rabbit. Occasionally, someone would doff their hat to him or wave, infact, among the humans he was becoming something of a mascot. Greystone did have a habit of shying away from them, though, only giving a slight nod of the head in return.

All spirits made their home within the area they protected, obviously, Greystone was no exception. As he went, he was careful not to get his antlers caught in anything, a few cats brushed up against him, purring. He didn't stop to say hi, though. After a particularly high-strung meeting, the council was now taking time to recharge... Greystone was surprised that no one was dead already, quite frankly. He'd kept out of the debate for the most part, only being called upon when people such as Logmarr and Brandr were looking for support. The cobbled streets faded out, into a sandy-river bank. Greystone hopped along it, easily finding his balance on the slippery pebbles and antique-gold sand. It didn't take him long to find the little stone bridge that marked the start of the town. He crept up along the bank, and just between the bridge and the water was a small ledge, just big enough for a spirit. He stretched out along the ledge, watching the water flow by.

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Bobbypins [P, Auntie] Empty Re: Bobbypins [P, Auntie]

Post  auntslappy282 Sat 19 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

Bobbypins [P, Auntie] Spiritcustom6

A blur of teal fur and red stockings made her way through the crowd. Neo wasn't paying attention, nor did she really tend to. She was the Spirit of Justice and she had a suicide to look into. She muttered a few things to herself as she made her way across the town. She wasn't sure where she would find the body, but she knew it was in the woods somewhere. Maybe she could find the so called Greystone and ask him for help. Everything she has ever heard about the grand spirits made her twitch. She barely believed a word anyone spewed about them, mostly because she, herself, hadn't seen any of them in a long time, so she didn't really believe that they came back. She was skeptical, it was in her nature.

She made her way hurriedly through the town, shoving many, many Jakalope out of her way. She was in a hurry,and she didn't care that each and every Jackalope growled at her as she pushed by. She made her way out of the town finally, and then She made her way towards the bridge. She hardly noticed the Jackalope who sat with his head under the bridge. She kept her pace up, and then she tripped over the Jackalope. With a scream she hit the ground, her antlers getting stuck int he ground. "Gosh Darnit! Gah! Come out you darned antlers!" Neo said as she pulled her antlers out of the bridge. Her back faced the Jackalope, and she shook her head, not really realizing what happened.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 20 Nov 2011, 5:44 am

"Oh!" He gasped as the teal and red jackalope dripped over, landing in a heap in the floor, her antlers digging into the sandy ground near the river. Greystone went up to the other spirit, perhaps to help it, then several thoughts struck him. For starters, he'd never actually seen another spirit apart from the Elder Spirits, but really, Grey didn't feel he exactly fit in with them. He was the youngest of them all, even younger than Brandr who acted like a leveret allot of the time. The second thing he noticed was that the spirit appeared to be glowing... Actually glowing. Literally, there was a small gold aura around her, the strangeness of it all made Grey pause for another moment, by which time she'd gotten her antlers out of the ground.

Well, he should probably say something. From this distance, it was quite easy to see from the slightness of her frame that the spirit was a female. Great. Just what he needed to deal with right now. An angry doe. "Miss? Are you, er, quite allright?" Grey asked hesitantly. "I honestly didn't expect to see another spirit today, I normally know when there's one about because... Oh, well, that doesn't make much sense, does it? Well, I'm Greystone, you see. ... And I'm just chattering for no apparent reason, aren't I? I do this all the time..."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:36 am

Neo practically jumped out of her skin when she heard the voice behind her. She thought she had just tripped over a rock, not another creature! Neo whipped around and faced the spirit, and gasped slightly. She listened to what he had to say. This was indeed a silly Jackalope. So he was the elder spirit Greystone eh? So he was real. It was interesting to see him in person. She honestly expected him to be something great, something intimidating and not just... Well him. She smiled softly and then looked around the area. She had to get to the murder scene, but something like this wasn't going to slow her down to much.

"Hello Greystone. It's very nice to meet you. Oh, and yes I am fine. Are you though? I hate to plow you down, I didn't even realize you were there!" Neo said with a chuckle. She smiled down at the Jackalope and then she nodded slightly. "Oh and the names Neo Verum, nice to meet you," She said with a smile. "If you'll excuse me, I have a murder to investigate. Good day to you!" Neo said, beginning to hop off towards the forested area.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:29 am

He knew that face all too well. People had such great expectations of him, Eira with her sharp whit and eagle's eyes, Logmarr with his booming voice and warm-hearted personality, then there was Svanhildr who was in no doubt exceptionally beautiful, even Oddin with his unearthly wisdom... Each of the other Elder Spirits were far more great, far more imposing than he. Grey almost felt like he let them all down in a way, there was all the others and then there was meek little Greystone who was... Small for a spirit with wide brown eyes and cream and blue coloured fur. He was hardly anything special, especially when compared to someone as vibrant as Neo, what with her gold aura, teal and red fur and piercing yellow eyes.

"Oh, that's all right, I should have been keeping more of an eye out, anyway." He nodded. "Likewise, Neo, if I may call you that." The jackalope added, somewhat awkwardly. Grey was about watch her go, when he heard something about a murder, and and he hopped to catch up with her.

"Woah! Hold up a second! A murder? Here? When the hell did that happen? Nobody tells me anything!" Grey asked incredulously, for a moment appearing far less nervous than he had done a minute ago. ... It suited him, the louder more informal version of Greystone was an improvement even if it was only for a fleeting second.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 5:37 am

Neo watched the Elder Spirit with great curiosity. She watched his face. Did she somehow disappoint him? She didn't want to be a disappointment in any sense of the word. She frowned slightly, not showing the edges of her face. She sighed slightly and then smiled at what Grey said. "Oh yes. Neo is fine, you don't need to call me anything else would be fine too, I'm not really picky," She said, smiling again. And then she turned back to Grey. She had already stopped walking, so she might as well face the Spirit.

She nodded slowly. "Yes, there is a murder here. I am the Spirit of Justice after all! I better get going on that. You can join me if you'd like. I warn you that it'll be gruesome and ugly, since we are dealing with a suicide here. Still care to join me? So be it, but I better head off if I want to get this case investigated before the end of the day. I'll be off," She said before continuing her journey towards the crime scene. She didn't like the feeling of the Spirit joining her, but she couldn't stop him if she did.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:53 am

He nodded once. "Okay, good. I, think." Mentally, he cursed wishing he was better with social situations. Even if this wasn't your average social situation, how often was one informed of suicides by spirits of justice? Well, it wasn't very often. Grey just felt it would be better if he had something more interesting than 'err' to say.

The elder spirit's expression grew thoughtful. "I think I handle it, besides I feel like I need to see this. Blood doesn't bother me too much." The humans were a rather violent race sometimes, he'd grown rather used to this over time. One would think that the spirit of Greystone would be far more confident, after all it was the only place where the humans thrived. Perhaps his nervousness was actually for the best, it made him more approachable than most of the elders. Infact, even if he was still a wreck whenever he was spoken to by the humans they seemed oddly found of him. Grey followed along behind her. "I, erm, know this town better than anyone else, in a literal sense I'm part of it... I won't be a dead wait if you need help! Not that, I'm er saying that you... Need help or anything. Well, you know what I mean, right?" For his own sake he really hoped she did.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 02 Jan 2012, 3:08 pm

A giggle escaped Neo's mouth. She honestly hadn't giggled in a while, and it felt good! She smiled and hoped along, waiting for no more chit chat. There was a case that needed to be solved. The murder scene was slightly in the forest, not to terribly far, but far enough. She hoped quickly, not caring weather or not the elder spirit was right behind her or not. She knew he was coming though. She smiled but the smile quickly faded when they came to the clearing where the body lay. Jackalope littered the clearing and even some people. She sighed and coughed, clearing her throat. "Everyone who is not a detective, officer or important to me, or an eye witness, please leave the premisses as soon as possible! Thank you!" Neo yelled, so that everyone could hear her.

Once the creatures great and small began clearing out of the clearing, Neo took a step forward, examining the scene. A jackalope lay dead. Nothing to visibly showing how it died, but she knew there was more to it. She took a step forward, examining the body closer. There was something in it's paw, and she knew what it was. He poisoned himself. She nodded slowly and walked around the body, examining everything about it and how it died. It looked like it was indeed poisoning.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

Grey glanced down at the body, only flinching when Neo actually yelled. He'd been so wrapped up in what he'd been thinking that he hadn't even noticed everyone suddenly filing out. Slowly, he walked towards the corpse, his feet sinking slightly in the sandy ground. This particular piece of woodland lead down to the beach. Grey winced as his foot came into contact with something, and upon closer inspection it appeared to be a couple of bobby pins, he shook hi head slightly and kicked them to one side.

The corpse was already cold and with one dexterous paw he lifted up one of the paws, moving the wrist around slightly. "It hasn't been dead that long, rigour mortis is just starting to set in. Female, obviously. Looks like she's dead from... Yew berries? Well, Yew seeds technically the actual berries aren't poisonous. Suicide, then?" He asked Neo looking up. It was funny, the most comfortable he'd been throughout their conversation was when they were speaking over a corpse.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 6:13 pm

Neo looked over the body again, keeping a side glance on Grey. When she saw him wince, she flinched slightly. What had he stepped on to make him do that? She saw something gleaming in the sunlight which peeked her interest. Listening rather half heatedly to the things that Grey was saying, she made her way over to the gleaming objects on the ground. She leaned over, examining them, she gasped slightly. She hadn't seen this in a while. The sign of that one Jackalope. The one who made her the maddest and most dangerous of any other Jackalope she had met. Pocketing the bobby pins, she stood and turned to face Grey.

"At first glance this may seem like suicide, but not after I found these," Neo said, holding out the bobby pins she had found on the ground. "Now this may seem insignificant to you, but this person is a cold blooded killer and isn't afraid to get her paws dirty. This case just got ten times more interesting, especially now that she's in the picture," There was a scoff in Neo's voice. The inevitable encounter with her was not going to be fun, not fun at all.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:36 am

Confusion passed over Greystone's face. "Hold up a second, who's 'she'? And why the hell do some bobby pins mean that this jackalope was murdered? Humans drop bobby pins all the time, it would have been easy enough for one of them to be down here earlier today, or even sometime earlier in the week. I don't mean to be trying to do your job for you... But you seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions, Neo." He had no idea what exactly she was talking about... Something about her had made Grey just trust her, and here they were discussing bobby pins over a corpse.

This was the moment that any sane jackalope, spirit, aures or aelur would run. It was easy to get swept up by Neo, to just follow her blindly, she was that sort of creature. Part of him was surprised that she hadn't already found some crazy enough to tag along with her and yet, by some twist of fate, here he was.

Grey wasn't running anywhere.

Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 08 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

As almost a dark cloud had passed over Neo's face, her expression grew dark and menacing. She didn't like explain herself, but she knew she would have to if Grey would be someone to work with. She sighed, attempting to make the dark look leave, but it stayed, making her expressions seem harsher then normal. "I'd rather not go into details on who exactly 'she' is, but I will tell you one thing. She's someone I've had some... History with. Bad history to say the least. She leaves bobby pins at the scene of her crimes, and it looks like we have another one of her games starting. I haven't seen her for a while though, so I would watch your back. If you're lucky, you wont have to meet her sorry ass. I wouldn't want you to get involved in her games. They're my business, and it will stay that way." Neo winced at how harsh her words sounded.

Something about this Spirit made her feel... Different, and at her harsh words, a deep ache formed in her heart. Could this feeling honestly be love? The last time she was in love was so long ago, the feeling was hard to remember. She sighed, and then her face softened, she didn't want to scare Grey off. "Sorry. That was uncalled for... I just know that this wasn't actually a suicide... She did it, and I'm sure of it. Could you please believe me? I know what I'm dealing with. If you believe me, stick with me, if not, you can leave now," Neo said. Once again, her words were harsh, but she didn't want someone helping her who didn't believe her.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 08 Jan 2012, 1:59 pm

The elder spirit considered her words for a long time, picking his next words carefully. "... I- I guess, I believe you, Neo." He'd already made his decision a moment earlier, actually admitting that was another thing entirely. He guessed this other... creature she spoke of was another spirit, if only because it wasn't uncommon for spirits to form rivalries between spirits of conflicting domains. That and it would be unusual for, say, an aelur or an aures to be such a pain in the side of a spirit.

"If she's playing a game, I might have to know more about... her. Whoever she is. I'm not going to stick your nose into your business, but you have to trust me too, y'know." He was a little surprised by just how harsh she was about the matter and Grey knew that there would be no use arguing his point. He gave one last look towards the corpse of the jackalope on the ground and closed it's eyes with one of his claws. He couldn't deny that it was a loss whenever one of the people of Greystone died. It wasn't something you were allowed to dwell on, though, the more important thing was getting to the bottom of it all.

"Well, I don't think there's any more for us to learn here. We should probably head back into town?"
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Thu 12 Jan 2012, 4:09 pm

A sigh of relief swept out of her mouth. Neo smiled, a sweet small, genuine smile. Her eyes softened, she should have known better! Of course he wouldn't leave her, how stupid could she be? She smiled and nodded to him. "If it comes to that Grey, I promise I'll spill the beans on the situation. I'm sorry, it's just a rough topic. Anyways, lets head to town, it seems like a good idea, and a good place for clues. I mean, no better place to look right?" She said, attempting to lift the mood, but of course, that wasn't going to happen with her around was it? She seemed to be a magnet for terrible things to happen, though she is the Spirit of Justice, so it's only natural right?

An officer jackalope came running towards her, a frantic look on his face. He stopped right in front of her, and obviously there was a look of fright in his eyes. Neo stepped forward. "What is it? You look like you've met death!" The jackalope swallowed. "There's a bar fight! Down in the town of Greystone! Please hurry Ms. Neo!" He said, hopping of, leading the way down. "Come on Grey! We have something else to do for the moment! We'll look for clues later!" Neo said rather frantically, over her shoulder as she bolted towards the Town of Greystone.

((Derp. Hope I'm not moving to quickly~))
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

Before he could even open his mouth to agree another jackalope barged onto the crime scene, informing Neo of some ruckus in the main town. He'd been wondering what that slightly headache was... Humans could be so noisy sometimes. Grey bet the other spirits didn't have to come with this much trouble, in fact, in comparison they probably had it easy. It wasn't often that you had to deal with two species that were constantly at odds with each other. Good grief, at least the people of the town accepted him. If they turned against him, he wasn't sure what he'd do.

Grey didn't even bother to reply, he just tried to catch up with her and eventually draw level with her. The town came into sight and he pulled ahead slightly, he wouldn't be lying if he said that he knew the streets better than anyone else. "This way!" He called, sprinting down a tiny little alleyway. It came to a sudden halt, but he lithely jumped over onto a couple of dustbins and over the wall. This was her turn to trust him now.

He skidded to a stop, and the local Greystone tavern was visible up ahead. The noise was incredible, the sounds of glass breaking and people yelling could be heard right across the street. Various insults could be picked out from the general din, 'murderers', 'animals' and 'filthy apes' just being a select few. He'd known this day had been brewing for a long while, but now it was finally here, he had no idea what to do. The first conflict between the jackalope and the humans. "N-Neo, this isn't your everyday bar fight... It's jackalope against human in there. We'll be dead meat. What the hell are we going to do?"
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:34 pm

She couldn't hide the surprised look that spread across her face when Grey ran in front of her. She didn't hesitate, following the other spirit. Neo knew that no one else here would be able to lead them the right way the quickest. She almost ran into Grey when he halted, but she didn't. She hesitated slightly before following after him over the bins and down into the alleyway were the bar fight was being had. She frowned, but something changed. Her frown turned into a deep dark smirk. Something out of a horror movie. "What we do is we 'take the gloves off.' It might be best for you to stand back while I take care of this one. This is more for the ones who are well, 'more experienced.' Keep your eyes peeled though, I don't know what'll happen in there. Best of luck if I don't see you again," Neo said, far to cheerfully as she walked into the bar.

It WAS nasty in here. Everyone was at each others throats, and the only thing she would be able to do was break it up. She sighed, and leaped into the brawl. Quickly swiping her paws around, knocking out the drunken Jackalope and humans as she went past, avoiding the kicking. Unfortunately, everyone has there bad points. Being knocking into the wall rather hard, and getting the wind knocked out of her, Neo staggered to her feet. "Well damn," She spat. Standing back up and wincing at the pain in her leg, she attempted another shot at getting this brawl over with.

Glass shards nicked her head and ears and she shoved her way into the middle of the bar fight. She was bleeding from her ears and other parts of her body, and she was sure her ankle was broken. When she kept getting pushed back, she took all the effort in her limps and leaped forward, landing in the middle, the drunken men finally noticing her, which may or may not be good for her in the end. "Okay, everyone needs to take a goddamned breather!" Her words echoed around the now quiet bar and she smiled. "Good. Now everyone quit fighting, and please hear me out okay? I'm the Spirit of Justice and I'm here to solve things. Okay?" The looks on the people and jackalopes faces around the bar didn't seem promising. "Or not," She muttered under her breath.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:46 pm

Before Grey had even the smallest chance of formulating a reply, Neo was walking into the bar. He was panicked, sure, but not so much so that he wasn't capable of seeing what was going to happen. "Neo! Neo! For the sake of every living creature in Aeris, don't walk into that bar! Neo...! Oh crap." He said said as she watched her go in. He couldn't help but feel a little patronized, after all, he was (at least in part) the town. He wasn't a complete wimp when it came down to it. Just mostly.

Biting his lip, he slipped around and into the entrance of the tavern. The sheer wall of noise was incredible, he tripped and stumbled as he followed after her, getting bashed about in the crowd. He was just trying to stay unnoticed, unlike Neo who's sole aim seemed to be to get herself killed. Well, she was doing a rather good job of not getting killed until, Grey's breath caught in his throat and his ears fell flat against his head as he saw the teal and red jackalope get knocked backwards. He didn't realize he'd been holding his breath until after he saw her get up.

The people fell silent as Neo got up and spoke, though they'd stopped for the time being the cajoling and leering that was going on between certain members of the tavern definitely wasn't friendly. Between the humans of the bar, a few distrusting looks were exchanged. She had four legs and talked, it meant she wasn't that welcome around here. Grey decided to step in.

"Please, stop." He said, hopping onto the table beside Neo. Up close he could see how injured she was an inwardly he winced. "I am not just a jackalope... I am this town. I know it's streets and it's people and I feel it's pain and it's anger... It's happiness. I am as much human as I am jackalope, I may not look it, but I am. This fighting-"

"Then you'll know that one of those filthy beasts killed our Philip!" Someone cried, launching a glass bottle at Grey's head. He dodged, but other people seemed to have the same idea and he ran, sliding beneath a large table. It was a second later he looked back and couldn't see Neo. Panic flooded through him. "Neo!" He called, but the sound was lost over the noise of the ensuing fight.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 2:12 pm

Neo stood her ground. What else was she going to do to make sure that no one else was killed? She sighed, flinching as bottle went flying over her head, only barley skimming over her ears. She watched as the men and the Jackalope went after each other, flinging all of there might at each other like there was no tomorrow. Neo sighed. She was a bit sick of this whole fight. She sighed, and then decided to try and get things sorted, but not before a drunk man grabbed her by the ears, his breath reeking of vodka. "You's 'pposed to 'ave us 'rom the doom! Do somtin' you stupid 'abbit!" The man said, throwing Neo towards the wall. Thankfully, someone stepped in front at precisely the wrong time and ended up getting stabbed a few times by her massive antlers.

"Oh god I am so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you! But can I ask that we stop this fighting so we can work out a LOGICAL solution?" Neo raised her voice, but it was still drowned out by the noise of the bar. The man she had hit had been knocked out, and she was standing on top of the mans head. Quickly jumping off of the mans head, she decided to do something drastic. She was going to some how get onto the light fixture and then she was going to pull it down, sending it crashing to the ground, and trying not to hit anyone.

"Well, it's easier said then done," She muttered to herself as she began to scramble up towards the nearest window to get some high ground to see exactly where she was going.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 12 Mar 2012, 4:25 am

Through the raucous confusion Grey found it hard to keep up with the fleeting red and teal figure that was the spirit of justice, he was constantly tossed back by the crowd. Even with his nimble feet it was near-impossible to get anywhere without been stood on or hitting someone with his antlers. Her gold aura was hard to miss and he caught sight of her stood by one of the few windows that the tavern had. ... What the hell was she doing?

"Neo!" He called, forgetting that there was a sheer wall of noise and fighting creatures between him and the other spirit. He was jostled backwards again, his antlers catching the leg of a chair. He pulled away, though the chair slipped and tumbled hitting someone in the back of the shin. The man turned to retaliate, only to realize that whoever had hit him was long gone.

He was a few feet away from Neo now, though unlike her he was hiding beneath one of the few tables that still stood in the little tavern. He waved his paw around a few times, doing his best to get her attention. "Hey! What're you doing?!"
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 5:19 am

The noise was loud, and it kept getting louder. Neo needed to stop this. She needed to launch herself off this window and attempt to... Attempt to what? At this point she was pulling on loose strings. She had no idea what she was doing. She was about as well planned as the Doctor. She sighed. What did she hope to do on the window? Was she going to... Topple a book case? Now that was a good idea. Granted, some people and possibly some Jackalopes would get hurt, but by that time she would be able to calm the crowd down so she could speak to them. She sighed. This was a stupid idea, but it was the only one that she had.

Neo looked down to see Grey yelling at her. She smiled, and shouted. "I'm doing something stupid!!" She shouted. Curling up her haunches and pulling back, attempting to get as much leverage as possible on thee window, and then she launched herself off. She flung into the crowd.

Her moment of glory was short lived when a spare man with bulging arms and a bottle in his hand saw the Jackalope flying towards the book case. He swung the bottle back, and with a sickening crack, it hit the Jackalopes head, making her plummet straight to the ground. Her body was twisted in a sort of odd position as it landed sickeningly on the ground, her now bleeding head slumped against the book shelf that she was attempting to topple. However, the blow was enough and the book case began to sway back and forth, and hopefully, fall to help stop the commotion.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:36 am

The bookcase, did in fact fall, barely a second after Greystone had reached the unconscious spirit. He was panicking now, properly panicking. "Oh, oh gods. Oh hell, oh hell's bells. Hell hell hell hell. Neo?" He placed a hand in front of her muzzle. She was still breathing, thank goodness. The pub was practically silent now, the people seemed to be evaluating everything. Broken bones, injuries. It seemed that the fight was over, at least for the time being. Though, the fight could have still been going on and Grey wouldn't have noticed a thing. He grabbed her, dragging her outside as best he could. Muttering inaudible and insensible phrases to himself as he did so.

Outside and in a quiet alleyway, Grey started to assess the damage. He was no doctor, but he'd dealt with a few injuries here and there. The panic, still hadn't subsided and despite coming to the conclusion her injuries were mostly superficial and merely looked worse than they were there was still the fact that she'd knocked herself senseless. "Oh gods, Neo. If you die on me... We're friends right? We're supposed to be friends? Friends don't die on each other. It's like the law! Oh holy crap. Hell's bells. Hell's bloody bells. Neo Verum, please, please do not die. Hell's bells." He leant against the wall, a few inches away from her. Right now, he was probably in the worst fix he'd ever been in and he had absolutely no idea what to do.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 4:09 pm

As Neo slowly slipped back into consciousness, she heard the panicked voice of Greystone. It wasn't the best thing to do, but it made her smile. A smile spread across her lips, and her eyes fluttered open. Usually when she did things like this she was either left for dead, or she would be dragged out of the place and having people looking half worried about her and honestly not caring at all. Neo opened her eyes to the panicked and shuffling of the Great spirit in front of her. Neo's eyes softened, and she began to push herself upwards, a throbbing headache producing it's self in the process. "I'm not dead you bumbling idiot," She said, holding her bloody head in her paws.

Her task was apparently successful, and the uproar from in the bar had ceased and men were outside and leaving in there own drunken mess. She had accomplished her goal, though she almost murdered herself in the process. Just a days work for the Spirit of Justice! Neo opened her eyelids slightly and looked at Grey. "So, now that the bar fight is fixed, why don't you say we go find another crime scene to investigate. If the feeling in my bones is correct, there should be another one around this town somewhere. what do you say?" She said, her paw moving from her head, blood lacing it's pads.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 21 Mar 2012, 10:50 am

Relief flooded through him the minute Neo opened her eyes, he smiled and he gave a shaky half-laugh at her insults. Though, for Greystone the relief was short lived when he caught sight of the gash on her head. "Be careful, you're just going to end up hurting yourself! Hells bells Neo, how on Aeris did you survive before I came along?" It was perhaps the greatest mystery of their time, how the spirit of Justice had not ended up six feet down. Or at least, Grey thought so.

The people clustered around the bar seemed to be scraping together to tidy up. Tensions, for the time being, seemed to be diffusing. If this carried on, Grey really wasn't sure what would happen, these fights happening in the town of Greystone was one thing, if news of them spread things could turn very ugly. He knew that some people were now starting to settle in Svanhildr, too. If things weren't balanced carefully there could be an all out war. It was essential that Grey endear himself to the people of the area as well as the jackalope. Part of him wanted to rush back into the bar and start helping with the clean up effort, try to get people on his side to believe that he was actually part of the town.

The part that was currently winning out, however, was the part that was determined to make sure Neo didn't rush off in another kamikaze-style venture. "Woah. Woah. Hold up a moment there. You might have concussion or anything! We're not doing anything until I know that you're not going to drop down dead. You seem to have no sense of self-preservation, which is exactly why I have to try to preserve the both of us, understand? Because you don't seem capable of doing that yourself. I mean, bloody hell Neo, you could have died!" He was clearly annoyed with the spirit of justice, but the amount of concern he had was quite clear.

"Anyway," He began a little more quietly. "I think a human has been killed, you heard what they said in the pub. Once you're completely patched up, that should be our next port of call."

Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:42 pm

In reply to what he said, Neo's face fell. It struck her hard. Her past was something she would much rather keep as it is; in the past. She had had a coupe of really scary moments before she met Grey, but luckily, she's always had someone to keep her ass in check. Wither that was just a police officer, a passerby, or Aldis, they would always make sure she didn't do anything stupid. She was lucky enough to survive a few times, but lucky she was found by someone or another to help her out. "I guess I'm just lucky," She said with a smile. She forced herself to sit up, and it took effort. Effort that showed on her face.

Neo felt her aggressive side kicking in. She had always had a sharp tongue; one that wasn't afraid to scare anything in it's path. She hated being babied. She had had enough of it when Aldis was the one babying her. For that time, she could understand since she was basically bleeding to death on his doorstep. Here, she was just bleeding a little bit and had hit her head slightly. "Grey, I'm fine," She practically hissed. She had a very venomous personality to her, and she wasn't afraid to let is show, but she knew it would sting.

At the mention of the murder, Neo's ears popped up slightly. She smiled. "Well since I'm feeling perfectly fine, lets go find this human! I'm in the mood for some dead bodies, aren't you?" Neo asked, standing up and wincing slightly.
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:30 am

He could understand why Neo was so frustrated with him, but that didn't stop Grey from being equally frustrated with her in turn. Of course she wanted to go out and solve this crime or whatever it was, of course she wanted to be all cheery around corpses and not tell him anything important. That was apparently what Neos did. Biting back an equally venomous reply, the elder spirit dug his heels in. "No, you're not fine and I'm not going to argue with you. We're either going to see Svanhildr, Finbar or the jackalope that runs the Apothecary, Aldis, right? Since those are the three people that will help. See? Compromise! You get to pick your poison, as it were. And there's absolutely no way in hell that I will let you go any where near a corpse until I am perfectly sure that you are not going to become one of them." As awkward and shy as Greystone could be, he was really digging his heels in this time.

Something like a flicker of concern passed over his face as he watched Neo stand up. If anything, this only made him more determined to drag her off to someone who had a chance of healing her. "Svanhildr, Finbar or Aldis. Your choice. Svanhildr is only mildly irritating and lives that way," He pointed northwards. "Though, she may be with Logmarr again. Finbar lives in the east of the town, he'll either be doing absolutely nothing or something illegal and I would really prefer it if you didn't go all justice-y on him. He's a good guy and I kind of need him around and not, uhh, you know, in jail or anything. Now that I think about it, I probably shouldn't have mentioned him... Uhm. Soyeahjustuhmforgetthat... The Apothecary is on the High Street, right? So, there's that. Uhm."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next