The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unleashed [Open!]

2 posters

Go down

Unleashed [Open!] Empty Unleashed [Open!]

Post  TheLethalFuzzyBunny Tue 17 May 2011, 2:58 pm

Unleashed [Open!] Custom5

Lights and sounds...

'Sunlight...? Are those...footsteps?'

With her mind clawing at the edge of reality, Domino was fighting herself for consciousness. When her bright fuchsia eyes finally blinked open, her body was weak and a headache was creeping in on her. It was as though she had gotten hit in the back of the head. Had she been knocked out? That was quite the possibility, wasn't it? She had no other explanation, but she currently couldn't quite remember what had happened prior to her release.

The Jackalope slowly rose to her feet, her legs trembling beneath her. Despite her weakness and pain, she needed to get moving. The scene around her told her that she had been dropped in an alleyway. She could see the feet of humans walking in front of the alleyway, not even noticing her presence. So she was still in the human town, wasn't she? Well, that was something. At least she knew her location, though she disliked the thought of being where she was.

"Blasted humans," she uttered to herself, soon urging herself forward and out of the ally. She didn't want to be here but, she had no idea where to go from here. Not many Jackalope came to this area, with good reason, yet she was stuck here until further notice.

She wouldn't admit it, but she probably needed help.
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
Mad Hatter

Rhunes : 75

Back to top Go down

Unleashed [Open!] Empty Re: Unleashed [Open!]

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 18 May 2011, 11:05 am

Unleashed [Open!] Snake
It was odd... But a certain wild jackalope found solace among the distrustful humans. They didn't trust him because he had four legs and antlers, other jackalope didn't trust him for various reasons. In some ways, these 'Feral Jackalope' were considered to be an evolutionary step behind the rest of the population. They had been compared to the human's Neanderthals, except feral jackalope hadn't had the pleasure of going extinct. Lucky them. The apes didn't trust any jackalope, they didn't discriminate. In an odd sort of way, they didn't care what colour his fur was.

Monkjack certainly wasn't an evolutionary step(whatever that meant) behind the rest of the world, a little rough around the edges, maybe. But a lumbering beast with no real sense of what he was doing? He didn't think so. People would give him the odd glare as he slunk through the town, none of them said anything though. That was the beauty of humans, the language barrier. It was pretty easy to learn what they were saying, as both the written languages had the same roots. Verbally however, things got a bit more difficult. Most Jackalopes could speak a few words of the language though, and some humans could speak 'jackalope' very well. It made their uneasy co-existence somewhat... easier.

Was that a rat? Monkjack's thoughts were often linked to food, an unfortunate habit of his. Even though it was considered a tad distasteful to dine on rodent (almost like humans dining on some primitive ape) the jackalope couldn't bring himself to care, as such he speeded off in the direction he thought he'd seen it run. However, instead of coming face to face with his lunch, he came face to face for a rather lost looking jackalope. To be quite honest, Monkjack wasn't sure how to react, he'd counted on a day free of his own species and it wouldn't take long for this doe to see the 'snake-eyes' glaring back at her.

"How on Aeris did you end up 'ere of all places?"

((I'm still working out this whole 'feral jackalope' thing without making it too cliché or Mary-Sue like. o3o;; ))
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLethalFuzzyBunny Wed 18 May 2011, 12:36 pm

Louder footsteps filled her ears, but they weren't heavy enough to belong to a human. Habitually, Domino, raised onto her back feet, a stance she took in defense of herself, as if to make herself look bigger. It may have exposed her stomach, but it wasn't as though she would actually give anyone the opportunity to touch it.

She found herself nearly eye-to-eye with another Jackalope, a Buck, none-the-less. Wow. It had been awhile since she had seen any of her own kind out and about like this. It was her first time in a long time, actually.

Cautiously, she lowered herself back onto her four feet, but she never took her eyes off of his, they having formed into a glare of her own. Odd as it was, she wasn't wary of him for his unusual eyes or obviously wild coloration. Heck if she cared about any of that nonsense now, she was just wary of everyone now. It was something that embedded itself into her...back there.

"What's it to you?" She finally returned, one of her ears twitching just slightly. Yea, she was probably going to ruin her chances of getting out of here quick. 'I should rephrase that,' she thought to herself, almost annoyed that she might even have to rely on someone else. "I've been here for quite awhile now, but not by choice. I, ah, just got...released. What's your excuse?" Why was he so surprised to find her here when he had obviously come here for some reason, too?
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 22 May 2011, 8:38 am

Well, he'd only asked. Her first response didn't really faze him all that much, if at all, though her second slightly politer response bamboozled him slightly. "Released?" He echoed, looking faintly surprised. "I had no idea our primate friends were getting so bold." That didn't bode particularly well, normally the apes would avoid trapping jackalope, they really weren't worth the trouble, that and jackalope meat was terribly stringy, or so he'd heard anyway. In answer to her question Monkjack just shrugged. "Not sure, to tell you the truth. Give me half an hour and I'll have thought of something believable."

"I've been here once or twice before. I could take you to the town's gate if you like," Hmm, that was out of character. Normally Monkjack couldn't really careless about anyone, not to say he was entirely a bad person, he'd just gotten used to fending for himself and no one else. Perhaps that was what Monkjack's style of life did to a person, then again, most jackalope without mates lived a mostly nomadic lifestyle. Maybe that was just how Monkjack was, he wasn't the kind to get close to people, he'd much rather risk someone else's hide than his own.

He hopped down to the edge of the alleyway, gesturing with his paw. "It's this way, if you're coming."

Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLethalFuzzyBunny Sun 29 May 2011, 10:13 pm

"Something believable?" She repeated his words as a question. "Ha. No need to go through the trouble." If he had no true reason, then so be it. Domino was willing enough to accept that some beings just wandered for no apparent reason other than just to do it. This may not have been the best place for that sort of thing, but all the power to him. It wasn't her right to judge, even though she was a fairly judgmental creature at times.

The doe fell quiet, thoughtful, as he offered to show her out of the town. Her ears lowed against her skull, then rose again, and repeated the sequence as she considered her options, or lack there of. When she finally came to her conclusion, she nodded her head. "I would be...grateful, for the help."

Domino was quick to follow after Monkjack, hopping up beside him. "So, do you have a name, any way? I'm guessing you're, ah, wild furred Jackalope, am I right?" Her tone didn't currently hold any spite in it, so it seemed not to bother her that the buck was clearly of the wild variety, she was merely attempting to make small talk. They had to pass the time one way or another.
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
TheLethalFuzzyBunny
Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

"Lucky me, though, I'd doubt you'd believe the story about aliens I was weaving." Monkjack grinned, looking along the street. it was quite typical for humans, if a little basic. Grey-ish yellow sandstone built towering buildings (for a jackalope anyway) and their cobbles streets were strange underfoot. Various market stalls lined the little highstreet, and noise seemed to be coming from all directions. "It's noisy here, but it's not so bad. There's a young human on one of the streets that'll leave out food if I beg, it's degrading but..." He shrugged his shoulders. "When you're starving food takes priority over pride."

"No problem, I've probably been spending too much time listening to the horror stories about the kind of creatures that the humans keep with them. I figure that anything's better than being ripped apart by a curly haired 'poodle', whatever that is. Apparently their about six feet tall, but I don't believe that." He was the kind of person that would fill the blanks with meaningless chatter, even if it was hard to hear as he scurried between the streets.

They were right, it seemed that not all creatures were so judgemental. Perhaps he put too little faith in jackalope kind. "Right on both accounts, I do indeed have a name, how'd you guess? And I am supposed to be a savage, vicious feral jackalope. Vicious is a little weak though, I was kind of hoping for blood-curdling." After a moment, he added. "Oh, I forgot, my name's Monkjack. I assume you've got a name too?" Hey, he was getting better at this 'polite conversation' stuff!
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down