The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About/FAQ

Go down

About/FAQ Empty About/FAQ

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:24 am

About the Website:
The Burrows of Aeris is primarily a literate roleplaying forum with adoptables. So, if you're not interested in that, you've come to the wrong place unfortunately.

* What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is a form of writing, typically two or more characters from different people are put together in the same story. It's honestly easier for me to show you what an RP is rather than to tell you. Here, is an example of your basic RP. Some roleplays can go on for many pages, while some don't even make it to two. You can write as much as you like, though your post must be above five sentences, since you get Rhunes (forum currency) by posting in the RP section. You also RP with yourself, there are no rules against that.

* What does [P] or [Self] mean in RP topic titles?
Private and self, respectively. Private, obviously means an RP topic that you can't post in, self is the same again except that person is just RPing by themselves.

* What's a Mary Sue?
Well, I think Wikipedia explains this best:
'A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author or reader. It is generally accepted as a character whose positive aspects overwhelm their other traits until they become one-dimensional. While the label "Mary Sue" itself originates from a parody of this type of character, most characters labeled "Mary Sues" by readers are not intended by authors as such. Male Mary Sues are often dubbed "Gary Stu", "Larry Stu", "Marty Stu", or similar names.'
In other words, try to keep your characters realistic! <3

* What is godmodding/powerplay?
Godmodding, or powerplay as it's sometimes known is where, during an RP you control someone else's character. Instead of 'Red leapt up, cursing angrily under his breath. Upon catching sight of the other jackalope, he swiped at it, trying to scratch it with his claws' it would be 'Red leapt up, cursing angrily under his breath. Upon catching sight of the other jackalope he caught sight of it, he swiped. His claws caught the jackalope's fur, digging in deeply and spilling blood'. You see the difference? In the latter the other roleplayer didn't get a chance to reply, to make the other jackalope dodge if she wished.

* I've got no one to roleplay with!
Firstly, that's not a question. Seconly, feel free to advertise for a partner in The Shambles, the forum beneath the Highstreet. ^^

* How do I get my first jackalope/aures/etc.?
First off, you may find a freebie jackalope here.
You get your first custom jackalope free, you can order one here. After that they cost 50-60Rhunes, which is the forum currency you get through role playing.
You can order custom aures from here

* Does Aeris cost real money to play?
Nothing on Aeris (at all) costs real money. :3

* Why is my custom taking so long?!
Probably because it's a complex order, or I missed your post. Message me, and politely remind me if you think I'm taking too long.

* Can I have an elf/vampire/zombie/-insertmythicalbeasthere- character?
Of course! Everything's welcome in Aeris!

* I've found a problem with my order!
Again, with the not-questions? D8 Just message me or post here

* Can I come a mod? I'd really love to help out!
First of all, thank you for offering to help. But Aeris is a small forum and we've got all the help we need at the moment. ^^
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

About/FAQ Empty BB Code

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

How to post URLS:
[url=https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net/]Click[/url]
Is : Click!

How to colour links:
[url=https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net/][color=blue]Click[/color][/url]
Is: Click
Just make sure that the colour code is inside of the URL coding.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum