The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Haunted Apothecary

+2
Mousen Heath
auntslappy282
6 posters

Go down

The Haunted Apothecary Empty The Haunted Apothecary

Post  auntslappy282 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:54 am

In the place where the old Apothecary stood, a sign that said in dark red letters said, “Now moved.” Down the street a few blocks stood a peculiar building. It had been a ghost house before, but it was now the new Apothecary. A neon sign sat in the front, blinking with the sign of old age. It was hardly staying on the window. The windows had small plants that were long passed dead and appeared to almost be rotting.

Inside the old door that creaked far too much was a few tables with the potions and other goods that the Apothecary sold. However, instead of skulls that lined the old Apothecary, there were now many dead plants, sitting everywhere. Some had lace around them that was a simple attempt at trying to make them look prettier. The whole store was lit by dim lanterns and torches. An ominous staircase stood at the back of the store near the desk where you would check out.
A spirit sat, glasses upon his face as he read a book about potions.

The Haunted Apothecary Spiritcustom2

The Spirit looked up from his book and gently took the glasses off from the tip of his nose and set them down on the desk. ”Why hello there. I am Aldis. I run this Apothecary. If you need any help or would like to purchase anything, please let me know. The items here all have special… effects So if you have any questions involving that, feel free to let me know,” The Spirit said, turning his eyes back to the book and gently laying the glasses back on the tip of his nose.

The Haunted Apothecary Passiontart
Passion Pastry
Baked fresh nearly every day, these wonderfully sugary sweet cupcakes are filled with more than just cream. Upon eating one of these delicious sweets, the consumer is capable of breeding with one of the same gender, though it only works once for each consumed, as the power wears off before too long.
Stock: 5
Price: 35 Rhunes

The Haunted Apothecary Amatorycocktail
Amatory Cocktail
Not even the Spirits could guess all of what went into this sickly sweet cocktail or what causes the bitter after taste, but it is considered a rare find. One sip of this cocktail will make the consumer feel woozy, but if fully consumed, it grants that who consumed it the ability to breed with the opposite gender, forever more.
Stock: 1
Price: 100 Rhunes

The Haunted Apothecary Fetilitytea
Fertility Tea
A special tea created with an array of herbs, suggested to be had with or without sugar. It is often shared between lovers and, when most of the tea is consumed, it will temporarily increase the user's fertility, enabling them to have more offspring with its one use.
* Adds an extra offspring to the total rolled.
Stock: 4
Price: 30 Rhunes

The Haunted Apothecary Pepper
Wacky Pepper
A strange pepper that, when consumed, causes a burning sensation that spreads from the mouth, to the stomach, then to the rest of the body. After the burn is felt in every possible bodily inch, the consumer's body begins to twist and change, turning them into a different species at random.
* A Jacklope will become an Aures. An Aures will become a Jackalope.
Stock: 4
Price: 40 Rhunes

The Haunted Apothecary Drinkme
Shrinking Potion
A peculiar potion, its ingredients unknown, that adorns a tag with the command, "Drink Me." While it has no effect on an Aures, when consumed by a Jackalope, the Jackalope's form begins to shrink minorly, making them a Pygmy Jackalope.
Stock: 5

The Haunted Apothecary Eatme
Growth Tart
Said to be made out of ingredients that wouldn't even make anything truly edible, this sweet is also adorned with a tag, this one having the command, "Eat Me," written on it. It has no effect on an Aures, but when consumed by a Pygmy Jackalope, it seems to stretch their body, making them grow and turning them into a regular Jackalope.
Stock: 3

The Haunted Apothecary Icecream
Mint Ice Cream
What an odd item for the Apothecary to stock! Apparently, this mint ice cream will actually stop time! It does seem a little far fetched though, who ever heard of a food stopping time. Once bought, you can PM Auntslappy282 who will lock and move your breeding room to the archives where it will stay there in a 'frozen' state for upto 8 weeks until you and your partner have time to finish it.
Stock: 3
Price: 15 rhunes.

The Haunted Apothecary Spiritskull
Skull
The jackalope skull symbolizes the mind, it's the first thing you need to raise a spirit. While it's a little creepy having something like this hanging around, it's necessary for the enchantment to work. Once you have obtained the other two items, you need to trek upto Oddin's peak, and place all three items on the pedestal there.
* - Once you have all three Spirit items send a custom form to Mousen Heath explaining what you want.
Price: 25 Rhunes

The Haunted Apothecary Spiritblood
Vial of Blood
The vial of blood symbolizes the body, and it is the second thing you need to raise a spirit. It's a little gross, and the vial is quite fragile, so be careful you don't smash it. Once you have obtained the other two items, you need to trek upto Oddin's peak, and place all three items on the pedestal there.
* - Once you have all three Spirit items send a custom form to Mousen Heath explaining what you want.
Price: 20 Rhunes

The Haunted Apothecary Spiritlamp
Spirit Lantern
This ever glowing lantern symbolizes the soul, and it's the third thing you need to raise a spirit. Oddly enough, it bares close resemblance to the lantern that hangs off Oddin's antlers... Once you have obtained the other two items, you need to trek upto Oddin's peak, and place all three items on the pedestal there.
Price: 30 Rhunes

The Haunted Apothecary Th_Plaguebottle
Plagued Water
Wait! Don't touch that bottle! These unassuming vials of clear liquid were uncovered in the catacombs of Oddin's Peak. They're all that remains of the spring where the plague started, known to those who where around when the plague began as The Waters, these slightly mishapen bottles hold some very dangerous contents.
* Once bought post here with your Plagued Jackalope order, remembering to specify species.
Stock: 2
Price: 70 rhunes

Please note that if the Rhunes have been subtracted from your account, you technically 'own' the item and can use it.

Last edited by auntslappy282 on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:35 am; edited 7 times in total
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

The Haunted Apothecary Empty *

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:56 am

The Haunted Apothecary Aures18

"Hullo Aldis! Recognize me? Yes? No?" The little bat cackled slightly, grinning to herself. "Have we met? I'm sure we have! Maybe not. Really... This is funny, isn't it? I'm hiding from Maurice. He's going to be looking for me the moment he stitches himself back together, so I think to myself. Look, here's me, thinking! And then I thought, I thought why not hide in the place he wouldn't expect me to go! So I thought again, and I thought of this place because I'd never come in here normally!" Florence spoke incredibly quickly, it was near impossible to decider what she was actually saying. "Anyway, here I am and I'm worried you might throw me out if I don't buy something and I can't be thrown out because Maurice has got really good at sewing and oh. Did I tell you? His ear fell off again. That's why he's sewing. But anyway, I'd better buy something..." For a brief but no doubt glorious moment, for everyone with ears, the relentless chatter ceased as she mischievous little creature stopped to think. "Oh, I suppose I'll take a Skull, Vial of Blood and a Spirit Lantern. That's 75 rhunes, correct?"

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobie Mon 26 Mar 2012, 5:27 am

The Haunted Apothecary Bredzolabug1
Billy walked into the store, his different colored eyes looking about the place. He was in search of one thing, a kind of water he needed. Most jackalopes wouldn't even touch the stuff, but he was curious about it and wanted to observe someone who was plagued. He had the rhunes in a bag dangling from his antlers as he approached the counter. He cleared his throat nervously. "I'd like a um, plagued water, er, please," he murmured quickly
Jobie
Jobie

Rhunes : 150

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitsumi Mahon Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:14 am

Back again so soon? Kitty skipped into the store, her childish pigtails that she thought would be "cute" bobbing with the force of her bouncing movements. "Hi again!" She smiled at the jackalope manning the counter. "I know I was just here, but I was wondering if maybe- Ooh, what's that?" Noticing a new item, she quickly walked over to it. Not even bothering to read the description, she pointed to it. I want one of those! A...erm..." Reading the name of the item, she looked up. "A Plagued Water, please!" Of course, in her oblivious state, she didn't notice that the title of this item might indicate that something wasn't exactly...safe. Hopefully she'd have the good sense not to sample it herself.
Kitsumi Mahon
Kitsumi Mahon

Rhunes : 200

Back to top Go down

The Haunted Apothecary Empty I'ma gonna start replying to your peoples posts m'kay?

Post  auntslappy282 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:28 am

@Mousen The little bat seemed slightly familiar, but he was immediately stopped from his thinking when the annoying bat insisted on just... Talking. It made Aldis twitch slightly. He spent most of his day just reading, but the Apothecary had been getting a lot of business lately, and he had had to socialize. Aldis listened to the banter of the bat, and slowly retrieved the items she asked for. "I would prefer if you didn't stay for long. You might scare off the customers," Aldis said. He looked at the bat and then turned back to his book.

@Jobie Just the arrival of the foul water was enough to make Aldis want to quit his job, but he didn't expect anyone to honestly want to buy one. Aldis gave a slight shudder as he reached for the water and handed it to the Jackalope. "Be wise with what you do with that. It holds more power then you'll expect."

@Kitty Aldis watched the human whom had come back from earlier. He watched her bounce around and gave a slight disgusted look at her happiness. He noticed that she wanted the Plagued Water and couldn't help him scowling. Why did these people want the water? Aldis handed the young lady the water and frowned, pulling off his glasses. "Be weary of what you use that for. It is much more powerful then you can even contemplate. Don't be stupid and drink it yourself."
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:33 pm

The Haunted Apothecary Custom45

Arthur slowly walked through the entrance of the Aphotecary, of which he found quite intersting. Covered with his heavy black cape, He was hugely amused at everything in the shop, though he came to look for something he once sent a friend for. Now he had to go for the items himself. He seemed to be planning something, to be exact. He gave a little grin upon stopping in front of the Spirit with glasses. "Why hello there... Aldis? You might not know me, but I´ve heard about you before. Anyway! I dont want you to think badly of me in any way, I only came to do some... business." He said, lifting his paw while carrying a large sack of Rhunes. He then took a bunch of them out, and said, "I would like... a Vial of Blood, a Skull, and a Spirit Lantern. That´s 75 Rhunes... Am I right?"
Wyvern
Wyvern

Rhunes : 85
Location : If you stare long into the Abyss... The Abyss stares back at you.

Back to top Go down

The Haunted Apothecary Empty Re: The Haunted Apothecary

Post  amanda784 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 8:28 am

"May I have one fertility tea, please?" asked a small voice. She was quite nervous, being in a place so creepy.

amanda784

Rhunes : 450

Back to top Go down

The Haunted Apothecary Empty Re: The Haunted Apothecary

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down