The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish]

Go down

Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish] Empty Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish]

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

It was cool autumn evening when an odd figure emerged from the lake. She had a fedora tipped over her eyes, casting a dark shadow over her whole face. She didn't seem to mean any harm, but at the same time, there was a dark air surrounding her. Although she'd just come from a lake, she didn't seem to be at all wet, and continued on out of it and toward the trees. Coming upon a tall oak, she sighed, and shrugged, slowly lowering herself to the ground. After a few minutes, barely visible tears began to fall down her pale cheeks, though they were gone soon after. For anyone close enough to the girl, they might have heard her story. It was a tragic one, filled with blood, loss, and so much more. But even if she wasn't trying to tell it to anyone, she had to get it out.

Her name... Elektra. And her tale is as follows.

Elektra

Rhunes : 120

Back to top Go down

Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish] Empty Re: Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish]

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 1:50 pm

(The rest of this will be from mostly Elektra's point of view)

Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish] 21m4wtc

So I'm a dark faerie. My mother was a faerie, and my father a demon. I don't have wings, but I have almost everything else a faerie of my kind would have. But what I say, what I am, it doesn't matter any more. Because one night, everything that made me me was ripped away by some of the cruelest beings to ever roam the realms. And those beings are the ones that I am now staying with, the ones that are housing and caring for me. Why I don't turn around and stab them all in the back for what they did to me, I don't know. Perhaps it's because I am thankful for the hospitality and mercy, but at the same time, I know I might not ever truly be able to forgive them for their deeds.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish] Empty Re: Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish]

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

We all lived deep in the forests, leaving only to wreak havoc upon some of the newly settled humans, or for important purpose like food and other essential supplies. But our leader, after seeing the clan grow, became obsessed with gaining more territory, and he wished to start with Lake Valdis. What we didn't know was how powerful the enemy was. Or, that there was any enemy at all for that matter. And the enemy, you ask? Those damn elves. They were adept in magiks of all different kinds, even their younglings were. But even if we had known this, it wouldn't have changed much, for we would've been slaughtered eventually. The attack simply sped it up.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 1:59 pm

On the night that our leader had planned to attack, I knew that something was going on, even though my parents had done their best to keep me out of it. I walked into our tree hut, and found them standing there, helping each other put the rest of their armor pieces on. I knew immediately that we were going to war, but no matter what I did or said, they insisted on going. It was their duty, and even I knew that. But it still didn't change my opinion; I didn't want them to leave. And if they had listened, perhaps something might have changed.

Hours later, all of them were called, and they set off, following the clan leader toward the lake. Of course, they couldn't have known what they were getting themselves into, nor could they have known that they would be walking toward their doom.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

I was left at home, but after making sure they were a little ways ahead, I left the hut and followed. Little did I know that what I would see would still be with me today, haunting my dreams. I stopped when they reached the lake, knowing that things could get dangerous if I got to close. I watched from atop the trees, anxiously waiting for it all to be over.

At first, it seemed like taking the lake would be easy. The group walked right up and began to cast their territorial spells, the steady chants echoing through the air. But in the middle of it, I could feel my hairs rising, my spine tingling. Every nerve in my body was screaming at me to run, though I couldn't understand why. Later, I found that they had been surrounded before the attack had even begun, and that alone had sealed their fate.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

I found myself so caught up in the rituals that I barely even noticed what had begun to happen. One at a time, various casters were picked off, and not a sound escaped from their lips as it happened. There was no warning, but once five or six of them had been taken down, a whole swarm of warriors dropped down on the rest, bows notched and staffs sparking with power. My clan made the mistake of fighting back, and I cried out as I saw it all begin. At first, it seemed that they were evenly matched, but when the Elves saw that, they upped their power, calling for help. After only a few minutes, almost half of my clan was dead. They lay on the ground, blood soaking the grass beneath them. The survivors on both sides took no care when near the bodies, stepping on them or even using them as shields. I felt my stomach being turned inside out, and was tempted to throw myself into the battle, though I knew it was suicide.

I searched for my parents among the fray, but let out a scream as I saw my mother fall to the ground. My father was still fighting, and when he saw her, it only fueled him, but he was still no match. After a few minutes, the warrior he was fighting took a sudden lunge at him, and his sword went right through my father. At this point, it was only he who was left, and when he fell, it was all over.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

All I could do was stare, but suddenly, I felt myself falling. I hit the ground with a thud, and let out a sharp cry. Before I even knew what was happening, I felt a searing pain in my shoulder, and saw that there was a small knife lodged in it. I ducked as another one was thrown, but that was all I could manage. By then, a young man had come over, and gasped as he saw that I wasn't even his age. He called out something, but by that time, I was barely conscious. I saw another approach me, and I felt my wrists being tied together and something being snapped around my waist. The last thing I heard before passing out was the protests of the boy who had found me, and then darkness...

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:19 pm

Most of what happened after that was a blur, but when I woke up, I found myself in a dark cell. Looking up, I saw that same boy from before, though he was sitting outside the cell, asleep in a chair. I couldn't figure out why he was there, other than to poke at me and see what I was, since that was what all of the others had done before, or so I was told later on.

My whole body hurt, and when I tried to move, I gasped, and began to cough. It seemed that I was chained quite thoroughly to the wall, and my neck was severely restrained. "Hee... Heelp..." I croaked, my mouth dried out. The man stirred, and looked back at me. After a second or two, he came to, and jumped up, and started searching for something. It seemed that he found them, and returned. Putting on a small smile, he held up something for me to see. Keys.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Sun 07 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

(Switching to Reed's point of view for a few posts, just to mix it up a little.)

Recollections of a Bloody Past [Self,PG-13'ish] 2yv14e0

After the battle, I'd heard a cry, and instinctively thrown a knife at the source. Knowing it'd found its target, I sprinted over, ready for a fight. Of course, what I found was nothing like what I'd expected. It was a small girl, maybe five or six. At the time, I was only 18, and a new warrior. I'd never experienced something like this before, and I had barely even begun to process what had just happened when a few of the senior warriors found me and the girl. After a second or two, we found that she wasn't a girl, but one of the faeries we had just killed, although she wasn't quite like them. Because she was so young, it was decided that she would be taken prisoner, and they took her away. I couldn't simply leave her, for it was I who had hurt her in the first place, I followed them and later got permission from my mother, who was the Queen, to look after her for a short while.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:22 am

No matter how much I protested, the senior warriors whom I had been fighting alongside a few minutes before had already taken the matter into their own hands. I watched as they tied her hands together, and one of them,who happened to be a mage, summoned a steel leading belt and snapped it onto her waist. It seemed like to much for such a little girl, but I myself had seen what they were capable of, and experienced first hand their powers, and supposed that they were doing what they thought was best for our clan. On of them hoisted her up onto their shoulder, and started off, and I couldn't help but follow. It was I who had done this to her, and making sure she'd be okay for the time being was the least I could to do.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:39 am

Once they'd locked her up, a council was held with my parents, the King and Queen, and some of the elders. I myself was part of the council, though I was not allowed to say a word, or, to make it simple, I was there to observe. Being the eldest of my siblings, I was the first in line for my father's place, and my mother thought it was about time that I began to learn the duties of the king.

I sat and listened as they all bickered, and at one point, it seemed like they would never be able to make a decision. Many of the high elders said to execute her, for they had delt with her kind many centuries ago back on our home land, and if she was allowed to live, she would simply start a new clan. Others argued that she was but a child, and that she could be swayed from their dark paths of trickery and evil. In the end, they decided that they would keep her prisoner. If she could not be swayed, she would make a good slave for the years to come. I myself was appalled at their final decision, but could do nothing but sit and wait.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:06 am

After a few more minutes, the council was dissmissed, and I was allowed to go see the girl, though it took a lot of convincing. My mother agreed, since she'd taken a liking to the little one, though my younger sister, who had just heard of the battle and prisoner, was appalled. It was already quite clear that she had a strong dislike for the girl, though I couldn't really figure out why. Pushing that thought aside, I went down to the kitchens, and grabbed quite the meal. Aged beer, bread, butter, fruits of all kinds, and some milk. I went ahead and risked the maid's wraith and stole a pillow and blanket from the linens room, and then made my way down. After quite a bit of struggle, I made it to the dungeon, only to see that there were four other guards, poking and proding at the faerie through the bars. I could hear quiet sobs and the occasional squeal, but I couldn't see a thing.

I was enraged, and set everything I'd brought down before charging at them. They barely even knew that I was in the room before all but one of them was knocked out. With a swift blow, I knocked the last guard off of his feet, and knocked his head against the wall, sending him out cold. Panting, I sat down in the chair, and realized what I'd just done. I'd beaten up my own kind, and all for a child of the enemy. My head was pounding with all of this information, and before I knew it, I myself was sleeping in that chair.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:15 am

(Switching back to Elektra's point of view for most of this RP, might switch to Arya or Reed's one more time though)

I sobbed as the men went down, still quite traumatized by the way that had been treating me. I didn't even realize much of what had gone on until I saw a young elf warrior collapse into the chair. After a few minutes, like I was saying before, he woke up, and looked around. It seemed that he wasn't quite awake, but suddenly, he lurched, and and sprung up. Looking around at all of the damage he'd caused, I watched as he drug the four guards out, and then shut the door. He smiled at me, and I backed up against the wall. His smile instantly turned to a sad frown, but he continued forward, with a cart. It seemed that it had quite a lot of items in it, and I had begun to worry. He shook his head, and uncovered it, and reached down to bring out two plates. He put them on the top, then began to fill them with various foods. He mumbled something about how hungry he was, then handed me the plate. I looked at him, at the plate, and then back up at him. He nodded, and I hesitantly picked up a piece of chicken, and bit into it. I hadn't eaten for the past two days, and couldn't help but myself. I quickly finished it off, and looked up at him. I hated myself at the time for begging, but my stomach was simply getting the better of me. He smiled, and handed me his plate, which he had barely touched, despite his earlier complaints of hunger. I downed that as well, and was quite content. And then he began to talk.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:37 am

"Hey, so, you're a dark faerie, right?" he asked me, obviously not opposed to being straightforward, even with a possible enemy. I looked at him, unsure of what to say at first, but I reasoned with myself, and figured that if I lied, he might leave, and although he was an enemy, I was desperate for company. Not only that, but he seemed nice, almost caring. "I... Yes, I'm one of them. My mom, and my dad.... They were out there..." I said, at the point of tears once again. The pain of losing them, still fresh in my heart, were hurting that much more again, and now I began to sob. I heard his steps echo on the tile floors as he made his way over to my cell, and he unlocked it slowly, then came into the little room, locking the gate behind him. He slid the key into his shirt, and sat down. After a few minutes, he came closer, and I did something I never thought I'd do.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Fri 12 Aug 2011, 8:47 am

I got closer to him, and layed my head down on his lap, crying. I knew he wasn't quite sure what to do at that point, which is what I had counted on. He started to stroke my head, and at that point, I raised my hand, and slowly mumbled a chant, and it seemed that he didn't hear it, which was just what I needed. Suddenly, I struck at his stomach, and he doubled over, throwing up a bit of his food. I reached into his shirt and grabbed the key before running out, unlocking the cell door, and then locking it back again. I began to run, but stopped at the door. I quickly turned around, and our eyes met. "I'm.. I'm sorry." I said, then quickly sprinted off down the corridors.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:05 am

I was running all around that damn palace (at least I thought it was just some regular palace at the time) for what seemed like forever, but I passed something that seemed like a kitchen, as well as an armory. Thankfully, there was no one in either, though the only one that really concerned me was the armory. I grabbed a small coat that seemed to have had various wards cast onto it not to long ago, and a leg strap with five odd knives held on by it. I learned much later that my choices then had influenced their decisions that were to come later, but at the time, I was simply going by my instincts. Last, I grabbed a short katana, strapped it to my back, and quickly ran out, and down the hallway. I began to hear voices at one point, and I swerved into a side hallway. I continued down it for a while, but stopped to catch my breath. Suddenly, I felt someone's breath on my neck, and spun around to see a young female elf, not much older than me. She smirked, and swung at me. I ducked, but she anticipated that, and struck me on the back of my head with a crude metal bar, and I fell to the floor. ""Damn whelp..." she said, and I blacked out once again, to my dismay.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Fri 12 Aug 2011, 9:15 am

That day was the first time I'd been tied up and trapped twice. I hated myself, not only for deceiving that boy who helped me, but for allowing myself to be in this situation in the first place. There were still others back at our camp, those who were much older than me, but not quite old enough to fight. If I hadn't followed them, perhaps I wouldn't be trapped here, held as a prisoner. At least there, I knew that I was going to live another day. Here, I didn't even know what would happen.

The doors to the dungeon opened again, and a group of guards unlocked my cell, and led me out. We went along the main coridor, and turned into a big room. There were about seven older elves, the boy who'd been helping me, and that bratty girl who'd knocked me out a second time. There was also a very pretty woman, and another man there, both of whom were Elves. They were dressed extremely well, and it seemed that they were the ones in charge of everything. The King and Queen, I guessed. Swallowing hard, I stepped toward them.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:20 pm

All I could think about as a neared the council was if I was going to live another day. I couldn't bring myself to meet the boy's eyes, for it was just to much. He had been so kind to me, and I'd gone and played on that kindness. Although that was how I'd been brought up, I was beginning to feel some odd feeling, almost like a pain at what I'd just done. It was weird, and unnerved me. But at the time, there were bigger worries, such as the council beginning.

The one woman whom she had thought to be the Queen rose, and asked everyone's opinions on my fate. Three of the seven elders seemed to think that I'd be better off dead, and my eyes widened in fear at this. Though, to my shock, the Queen immediately vetoed this idea, saying that there were many other ways to deal with me. Although I was somewhat frightened by these 'other ways', I figured they were probably better then death, and kept quiet. "Mother, I vote that we allow her into our family. I am willing to take her as my first charge, and will train her. Please, she won't get out of control again. I know her tricks, and I'll keep her in line." the boy spoke up. He had a darker look in his eyes, and I could see that most of his compassion for me was gone, though it didn't seem that it was all gone. Praying that this would be allowed, I waited silently in the middle of the room.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

At first, the elegant figure hesitated, but after a few minutes, she looked up at me, and back at the boy, and simply nodded her head. There were murmers throughout the room, though no one seemed to be willing to challenge her. Finally, once it quieted down again, she rose, and said, "This faerie will stay under my son, Prince Reed, first in line for the throne. If she does prove to be to difficult to handle," she said, pausing for a moment. And in that moment I sucked in my breath, and made a silent vow that I would try to endure anything that was thrown at me. "she will be made into my personal slave. It's not uncommon for us to take hostages in battle, and even if she is quite powerful right now, she's still young." It seemed that everyone (except for me, of course), was quite content with this other option, and she saw that. The man beside her stood up, and decreed loudly, "This council is now dismissed. We thank you for your time, elders." I had figured out by now that these were the rulers, perhaps the King and Queen, since they had adressed the boy as Prince. And that itself was on a whole different level. I had knocked out a prince. And one that had tried to care for me as well... Shaking my head, I wondered what I should do. I was still sitting in the middle of the room, strapped to a chair. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw that odd blue haired elf-girl again, the one that had spoiled my escape. She was creeping up on me while the Prince and his parents were making the arrangements. Suddenly, I was pushed over with a mighty thud, and landed face down on the marble floors, the chains clanking loudly. I let out a small screech of pain, and Reed immediately looked at me, and then at the girl, who, in her surprise to my reaction, had forgotten to move away from me. "Arya!" he yelled at the girl. "She's under my protection, so she's on of us. You will respect her as she will you." he said to her, his face blank but his stare as cold as ice. Arya nodded, albeit grudgingly, but turned on her heal and left with her head still held high.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum