The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event]

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Empty Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event]

Post  Mousen Heath Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:05 am

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] JackRabbit
The buck had been watching as two jackalope collected members for their little venture, deep into Logmarr forests. He watched the other jackalope turn up, and he watched them set up, green eyes glimmering in an amused kind of way. After a few moments of hesitation, when the sun was much higher in the sky, he stepped out into the sunlight. There was something... odd about him, perhaps it was the way he kept trying to look up at his antlers as if fascinated by them or perhaps it was the odd way in which he hopped, as if reluctant to leave the shadow of the trees.

He looked around, hopping towards the stone which the female jackalope had given her speech from, several hours ago. He cleared his throat, looking around at the village of Bjorn, not far away. "Dearest friends," He said, his voice a deep purr. "Like several before me, I seek the spirit that inhabits Logmarr forest. My name is... Oak, and I intent to help find out the truth." Despire his voice being relatively quiet, it seemed to echo through the trees, hopefully the few jackalope milling around would take note of him and decide to join him in his quest.

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Empty Re: Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event]

Post  Wyvern Wed 03 Aug 2011, 11:17 am

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Aures8

Skybreeze appeared walking near the entrance of the village. She was once told there was a Jackalope seeking adventurers that would go along with him on a quest in the Longmarr Woods. She renembered being in the Woods before, but she never knew if anything like spirits and other beings lived in there. She flew around the village and arrived at the Entrance of the Woods. She knew this was the day, and she wondered where was this... Jackalope.

She sighed and took a deep breath, and landed upon hearing echoes of someone near the Woods. She thought that maybe it could be the Jackalope that she was looking for. Skybreeze started trying to walk, and searched around the trees if there was anyone nearby. After a while, she noticed someone at the distance. "Oh, maybe its that Jackalope!" She said to herself as she flew towards the shadow that was a bit far.

(Failish post. D=)
Wyvern
Wyvern

Rhunes : 85
Location : If you stare long into the Abyss... The Abyss stares back at you.

Back to top Go down

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Empty Re: Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event]

Post  Snack Wed 03 Aug 2011, 2:27 pm

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Custom42

Monroe had heard that a group of brave souls was heading into the deep woods. And by heard of course, he'd been cowering behind a tree when some loud passers by had mentioned it. The stories of the recent goings on in the forest had not escaped his notice. Mostly because the stories seemed to be set in his neck of the woods. But Monroe had yet to see the strange creatures in person himself.

He'd gone to the gathering of the first expedition, but had come too late. By the time he had found the clearing, they were already departed. Monroe felt no small amount of relief. Now he would not have to explain why he could not go with them. But at the same time he felt nervous with no small amount of guilt, since he had been unable to warn them either.

He had skulked around Bjorn for a few hours more, hoping and dreading that someone would come over and ask him about his wares. But then he heard someone speaking. Monroe was too far off to hear well, though his ears lifted up off his back for once in an attempt to catch his words. That voice invited one to listen closely, even the timid and every wary Monroe found himself drawn to the speaker.

"Truth?" He murmured to himself and scuttled closer. He did not hop, more of a harried crawl, his belly to the grass as he moved and slunk between the other jackalope and aures that had also gathered. He found a nice bush he could peer around and settled in to listen. Oak, that's what he'd called himself. Monroe could approve of a name like that. Terribly useful things, oak trees were.
Snack
Snack

Rhunes : 149

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] 2qvwbc2Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Custom3
Arya, Forest Elf, Female | Lunosa, Guardian Jackalope, Female

"Arya-sama, please do slow down. Your mother won't be happy about you goi-" "Lunosa, I don't care what the Queen says. And no, don't you dare try to tell me that she's my mother. She has long since left that role for another role. And besides, she's the one who sent me out here. Apparently, I need to-" The young elf cut herself off this time around, her pointed ears twitching. "Did you...?" "Yes, I did. I believe it's a Jackalope. Would you like to go and see what he means by spirits?" Nodding, they both proceeded through the undergrowth, and came upon two other Jackalope, though Lunosa figured it was the green one whom had been talking before. Arya nodded to each of them, and said, "I'd be interested in this journey you've been talking about. Would you mind? I'm aware that some of your kind don't like humans, but, " she paused, pushing back her hair to reveal her not-so-human ears, "as you can see, I'm not one, and my clan also works with your kind all the time." "We'd be happy to help you." Lunosa added.

(Sorry for the wait, had a little vacation thing to go on for a day, and didn't have wi-fi...)

Last edited by Elektra on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the kun is used for males. -fails at her japanese a lot-)

Elektra

Rhunes : 120

Back to top Go down

Post  Thepowerofpie Sat 06 Aug 2011, 2:29 am

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Avatar10

A shadow rolled off the back of a tree surrounding the opening in the forest. It would appear that this dark figure had been lurking in the area for quite some time, possibly since before the first group left. He stepped out into the sunlight of the middle of the clearing, revealing a rather ghastly figure that only vaguely resembled something human. The sunlight gleamed off the white mask over his face and soaked into the darkness of his trench-coat. In the light it was clear that while his core was human, both his ears and tail appeared to belong more to dog than his own body.

"As the elf said, I know most of your kind aren't exactly keen on working with humans, but humans in this realm aren't too keen on working with me either. They say the enemy of your enemy is your friend, and I'm more than willing to offer my assistance in your search for truth." His tone was rather dark, but not sinister. His stance --feet shoulder's width apart, arms folded behind his back-- suggested he was either ex-military or a martial artist. "If you'll have me I can provide a prospective you might not get without a human along, and if there's any danger en route I should be able to fix that problem."
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Rhunes : 145

https://plus.google.com/117282748101194068461/posts

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:14 am

What a curious gathering, the previous group had been all jackalope with not an aures, elf or human(?) to be found. Well, the aures had been found later, but nevertheless. He gave the little blue aures a nod, as if to confirm it's statement. Then he turned to Monroe, one of the only two other jackalope that intended to travel with him. "Of course, there wouldn't be any point in seeking lies now, would there?" A rumbling laugh echoed around the forest, and even the rustling trees seemed to share in his amusement.

"Bantling elf, I've got no qualms in you joining our quest. Infact you may even be needed, why, jackalope paws while nimble on the forest floor do not suit for the more delicate tasks." She seemed like quite the fiery type, adventurous definitely. Oak could only hope she was as brave as she seemed on the outside.

As he turned to the last creature, the jackalope's eyebrows raised ever so slightly. Both curiosity and an amusement was visible on his face, it made one wonder what he found funny at the rather dark-looking figure stood before him. "I have very few enemies, I carry no grudge against humans, so long as they do not intend to harm the forest or anything inside of it without good reason. "And I shouldn't worry too much about the creatures that lurk within these trees, more often then not you just have to know how to deal with such things. Worry not though, I see no reason why you should not travel with us."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Sun 07 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

"What was his name?... Oak?" Skybreeze renembered hearing the name before. Yes, it was the very same Jackalope. Everything the Jackalope said was quite inspiring, Skybreeze had never heard someone talk in such a way. But she wanted to know more about these Spirits. The small Aures flew closer to the Jackalope, noticing two Jackalopes and a Elf-human, and a mysterious figure that seemed to look like, well, a Human, too.

Skybreeze turned at each of them, and smiled. "I didnt really expected these people to come here, really, but this looks pretty fun." She said to herself, as she was curious about the two human-like beings. She thought for a moment that they knew more about the place than her, even if she's been here before, but not for long.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Snack Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:07 pm

Monroe flinched under Oak's steady gaze, but his fear was soothed by the other's laughter. He could tell this one was finely tuned to the sorest around him. Far more then Monroe himself was, which cause a spurt of unexpected jealousy in the pink jackalope. But how could he not be envious?

"Lies have a w-way of coming to you. W-whether or not they are sought for." He said quietly to his paws, whiskers twitching nervously. The others who had gathered in the clearing had Monroe's heart pounding. Especially the wolf-man. Wolves ate things like Monroe, didn't they? Though he had never met a wolf in person, Monroe had read stories and accounts. Humans were worrisome as it was, but one mixed also with a predator? Monroe sidled a few steps further away from him.

At least by comparison, the other would be adventurers were not so bad! The aures in fact seemed quite charming! The elf had a jackalope companion as well, which spoke well of her character. Monroe's eyes passed over all of them, from his crouch in the grass. A mixed bunch, to be sure. Was that a good omen, or an ill one? Monroe could not be sure. He did not want to make a hasty judgement.
Snack
Snack

Rhunes : 149

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:00 am

"Bantling?" Arya said, smirking. She knew that it was a way of a greeting for the Jackalope, but still, she wasn't quite that young anymore. The elf girl had a dark glint in her eyes, but simply chuckled, and shook her head. "But yes, I know the land quite well, and can help you in any way possible." Turning to the wolf man, she nodded. She hoped to inquire about his... Unique appearance, but would wait until they had set off to ask. The pink Jackalope seemed okay, though not much of a fighter. Since the Aures hadn't really said or done much, it was hard to tell much about him. Figuring that it wouldn't be much of a problem, she spoke to the Aures, Jackalope, and Wolf-man at once. "I'm Arya, and this is my guardian, Lunosa. I can use lunar magic, and Lunosa can aide me while I do. Before we leave, do you guys have any kind of special attributes we should know? It'll help to know each other's strength's and weaknesses so we can work to defend those weaknesses and play off of our strengths..."

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Thepowerofpie Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:47 am

The stench of fear rolled off the pink jackalope, and no doubt it was the two-legged creatures causing it. While the masked human-esque figure was used to striking fear into the hearts of those he spoke with, it was simply undesirable in the current situation. He listened carefully as Ayra introduced herself and her companion, and began pondering how best to explain his capabilities to the jackalopes and the aures. More importantly he had to reassure the pink one that he was not a threat.

"You can call me Dante," he offered. " I'm here mainly because there isn't anything interesting going on in town, and seeing out a spirit sounds like a decent challenge. I suppose the simplest way to explain my strengths is to simply put that I'm an expert in combat and tracking. I won't be especially useful against anything supernatural or magical, but if it bleeds then I can find it and win a fight against it. Considering our current objectives, I doubt my presence will be incredibly important, but I'll do my best to not get in the way." He then turned to the pink jackalope, and briefly debated a bit of sardonic sarcasm, but figured a more honest explanation would be better, even if it was no fun. "You need not fear me pink one. I will not strike down any living being without due reason, and I've no reason to harm anyone here."

Dante's attention then turned back to Oak, the one who best fit the description of leader. "Pardon me for implying that you considered the humans your enemies. All I know in my short time on this isle is that many humans consider the jackalopes and aures far from beneficial to their stay here, and they feel the same about me. I merely figured that it might be better to cast my lot in with the other side of the spectrum so to speak."

Last edited by Thepowerofpie on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ((Fixed some poor word choices)))
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 14 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

The pink jackalope seemed much wiser than he let on. Oak couldn't help but seem lightly impressed by his words. "Indeed they do, that is why we must work past the lies and rumour to find the truth within."

Strengths and weaknesses? There was an interesting question. "Miss. Arya, Lunosa it is a pleasure to meet both your acquaintances. My strengths come with knowledge, though with little else. I know every inch of the forest before us, every path and every tree." While one might have simply labelled this as boasting, though coming from the mouth of Oak the regal creature he was, it became near impossible to believe he was lying over such a thing.

"No offence taken, sir. I see why our human friends may not take so kindly to you, though judging from your character it seems as though they're very biased about the matter. "I sincerely hope we won't need your combat skills, but one can never be so sure. It is better to be safe than sorry, is it not?"

With that, he headed towards the forest, entering from a smaller path to the side of the one that was taken by the previous group of spirit-finders. "Shall we head out? The sun is only getting lower in the sky. We have no time to waste."

(( EDIT: We're following a posting order for now, Me, Wyvern, Snack Elektra, Pie :3 ))

Last edited by Mousen Heath on Sun 14 Aug 2011, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Sun 14 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

Skybreeze was thinking on introducing herself before the group went on further. She sighed as she walked to Oak, and asked, "Mind if I introduce myself to everyone? I havent really said anything." She was a bit embarassed because everyone seemed to have something... weird, but intersting about them. She turned at the group and tried to smile. "M-my name is, Skybreeze, but you can call me Sky for short, if you wish." She said in the nicest way possible. "I renember hearing about spirits and similar beings in this forest from a old friend. He told me that there were people who were seeking the truth, so I came here because I was intersted. I dont know if he might come, though." She said as she was glad to be able to blurt out the truth at people she barely even knows. She dislikes talking to people she've never met, obviously, but she's never been this shy before.

(EDIT: Because Snack doesnt seem to come now, So Elektra is next?)
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Tue 23 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

Nodding, she figured that they'd be even enough, strength wise, and that there shouldn't be a problem on their journey. Now, they just had to get going. "So, Oak, sir, where do we being?" Lunosa asked quietly. The Jackalope was keen to learn about Oak, and where he learned all of this old history and legends that he talked about. Arya on the other hand, wasn't really to worried, she simply wanted to get a move on. Sitting around wasn't really her thing, and it was quite obvious. Her foot was silently tapping on the forest floor, and she looked around her every few minutes. Of course, she was trying to be respectful, but... Smirking, Lunosa nudged her young charge, trying to get her to settle down.

(Fail post...)

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Thepowerofpie Thu 25 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

This was certainly an interesting lot that Dante had found himself with. He wasn't entirely sure what to make of the four legged ones, but he was at least familiar with rumors of elves. Between that bit of knowledge and the fact that elves walked on two legs, he found himself more comfortable with Ayra than any of the others. Figuring some small talk wouldn't hurt he offered a half-baked question, "So we know a bit about each others strengths and weaknesses now, but I know nothing of the obstacles we face on our quest. Could anyone enlighten me about what exactly we're getting into?
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

(( Don't wait for Snack's post. If she comes back, she comes back, otherwise I'm not going to wait for I'm afraid. She hasn't been online in awhile, so. x3; ))

Oak nodded at the shy little aures. "If you'd like to, Miss. Sky, you could ride on my antlers, it's probably very tedious for you to be flying at such a low height." Most to prefer jumping from tree to tree or even hitching a ride on a passing jackalope as oppose to flying throughout the forest, as the trees and low hanging branches often got in their way. "I hear that there's a glade where the spirit of Logmarr forest is said to rest. I've heard some rumours from a passing group of feral jackalope. They said one of their number had come across it after being chased by a fox, it was a young one, you see. It apparently is was deeply wounded and when they found it again, it's injuries had been completely healed. While I'm not to sure about that aspect of the story, it's all we've got to go on." He looked around for a moment, before heading off ignoring the path ahead of them and instead he moved some shrubs out of the way to reveal a path that until previously most wouldn't have even noticed.

"Well the spirits are said to be the creators of Aeris, or atleast the servants of the actual being that created Aeris. They're protectors, and as of late people have been seeing things that match the description of those spirits. We're going to try and find them and get them to reveal themselves." He hopped down the tiny path to the side of the main paths, and it lead on right through the forest, clearly a shortcut from the main path. Well, it seemed he did know his stuff. After a while he abandoned that path completely and he set off through the forest, oddly enough the going seemed pretty easy, sans a few very low branches and a few crawling thorns. "This way." He said after several moments of silence, urging the rest of them to keep pace with him.
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:20 am

Skybreeze nodded as she flew on Oak's head, smiling. She liked the view from his antlers, and she wished to find a way to appreciate his help. "So the spirits... created Aeris?" She said as she wondered why only few know about the truth of them. Since the spirits were the creators, they would have let know that to descendants. Her friend that referred her to this forest, how could he learn a lot about the spirits even if he claims not to be from this world? Skybreeze had many questions that moment, but she thought it would be better if she just followed the group so she could find out the truth.

As Oak and the group walked though the forest who didnt seemed that dangerous. She was also glad that the humans could fight off any danger if needed. For a moment she heard something unusual. "Uhm... did anyone heard that?" She asked as she thought it could be just her imagination, but she still wanted to make sure. She sighed as she looked around, the trees seemed to look like they had a rather unusual shape. In the ground, there were even long, old tree roots that some of them looked like something broke them.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:11 am

Arya eventually gravitated toward Dante once their small group began to move, feeling an odd sort of connection with him, though for all she knew, it could be because he was one of the only ones who was still walking on two legs there. Regardless, she continued to think about what had just been said, and how Oak was looking for those who supposedly created this realm. It would be crucial information to her mother, who seemed to love knowing more about this odd world they had come to, and would surely put her on good terms with her as well.

"So, Oak. If you don't mind me asking, well, who exactly are you? I know you told us about yourself a bit before, but... Well, you must admit, it was quite vague. I mean, how did you learn of these spirits, where are you yourself from?" Lunosa asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. She knew that she wasn't supposed to be having a conversation that could distract her from protecting her charge, but lately, Arya really hadn't needed her anyway, so she saw no real need to hover over the elf girl.

Suddenly, both of the girls ears twitched at that snapping sound, and Arya whirled around in its direction, instincts kicking in. Of course, she also didn't know what exactly it was, so she was unsure of what she should do. In the end, she figured that she should just leave it be, and wait for someone to act on their own, or for the creature to show itself.

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Thepowerofpie Sat 27 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

It would seem that there was something about the humanoid form that drew the only two-legged creatures together. Had it been a few years earlier, Dante likely would have been flirting up a storm. Back then he would have seen romance, however crude, as a higher priority than investigating some spirits. Even at current, investigating these spirits was more of a way to kill time than anything else. Dante was a hardcore atheist after all --most people would stop believing if they spent a few days in his shoes-- and he expected this to be a wild goose chase, but he didn't fully discount the possibility of the rumors being true.

As the group pushed forward the undergrowth began to thicken quite noticeably, and he took a moment to thank the inventors back home for making such sturdy combat boots. Over the crunching of the plants he noted what he figured was another pair of footfalls behind the group. The group was currently walking into what little wind there was, and the sun wasn't casting very many shadows through the leaves. In these conditions it was nigh impossible to pinpoint whatever was making the noise. He listened half-heartedly as Oak explained about the spirits; an explanation about any struggles en route was more what he had been hoping for, but more information about their goal wasn't all bad.

Dante remained silent, opting to keep aware of his surroundings. The noises behind the group were bothering him considerably. Back home, something with this pattern would likely be a seasoned killer, but Oak seemed rather certain that combat wouldn't be likely here and Dante discarded the possibility. In the event that it was a threat, Dante was confident he could win an ensuing battle, especially with this many allies, but his thoughts drifted to other possibilities. A slight chuckle emerged as he thought of the possibility of the spirits toying with this hodgepodge group. More likely it was a forest dwelling creature that was simply following along out of curiosity.

Eventually, it slipped up. Whatever was following them stepped on a branch hard enough to snap it, and Dante had its location pretty much pinpointed. In an instant he had drawn his almost comically over sized handgun and aimed it through the brush in the direction of the noise. "Whoever or whatever you are, I recommend you come introduce yourself. I'm bored enough to start a fight, but I'd rather not make a mess in such a calm forest," he called out.
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Tue 30 Aug 2011, 12:26 pm

"Well, that's only a rumour. I tend to stick to the belief that they're merely the guardians as oppose to their creators... Though, I have to wonder, if the spirits didn't create Aeris, what did? It is perhaps easier to believe that the spirits created Aeris; fewer unanswered questions." He was careful not to phrase his tone as if it was fact, after all, how could it be? There was no way he could really know for sure, unless he'd actually met the spirits or something. Though, if he'd met the spirits, why would he be looking for them?

At the slight noise, Oak flicked his ears slightly, trying to pinpoint the sound. He would have nodded, but because there was an aures sat on his head, he didn't. "Yes, I do hear something. I'm, fairly certain it's nothing to be overly concerned about, though."

At Lunosa's questions, an amused glint came into his eyes. "You're very bright, you know. Who am I? It's a debatable point, I'm a jackalope, but also a... protector of the forests, as it were. I have always lived her, and I was brought up by the old ways. I've always known the legend of the spirits, though it was only recently that I started hearing of actual sightings." That was an odd way of putting things... wasn't it? He seemed a little reluctant to talk about himself, actually and the green jackalope even seemed somewhat relieved when the noise provided them with something of a distraction.

Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Wed 31 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

Skybreeze reallt started to like the group, they all seemed to have lots of knowledge about many things, including the Spirits Oak mentioned. She smiled as she heard the intersting questions Lunasa and the other asked. She has been to many places but she never knew about how Aeris was made. She seemed to be willing to know more about all the things Oak was explaining. "Protector of the forests? So you're like, a guardian of Longmarr, trying to find out the truth about the Spirits, yes?" She asked as the odd noise kind of distracted her a little. She wondered if anyone could be following them, or someone could be just here.

"Hey Oak, so do you know about how Aeris was made or something? Since you know about the Spirits being the creators of this world, I thought you would have an idea about how did they made Aeris." Skybreeze asked again as the whole Spirits involving Aeris' creation started to make her more intersted about knowing more about this world. As she thought some time ago, Oak's words of wisdom were quite inspiring... Maybe she should try talking more to the other group members too, since she found them really intersting.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Thu 01 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Arya smiled, and walked closer to Dante once Oak began to explain himself. It was obvious that he was quite educated on the matter, whether he had found out those facts himself, or learned them from other sources. Lunosa seemed genuinely interested in Oak himself, and had begun to gravitate toward him.

Of course, that sound from before was still bugging Arya, and she couldn't help but be on alert. Sure, there probably weren't very many things in this forest that could pose a threat to any of them, muchless all of them at once. Sure, she could easily take almost anything in this forest without much help from Lunosa.... But, as the saying went, curiosity killed the cat. But in some cases, curiosity led the cat to dinner.

(not sure if we wanted to let Mousen put some dangerous/sweet creature there, or do it ourselves, it's up to you guys.)

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:29 am

(( I had assumed this was when Wyvern was going to bring in England. XD But nevertheless, I'll improvise <3))

He nodded towards Sky. "Basically, yes." There was something a little bit odd about his tone, and he didn't appear to be quite meeting their eyes. ... What was wrong with him? "As I mentioned before, I'm far more interested in the theory that it's not the spirits that created Aeris, but their creators in turn, if there even is such thing as the spirits or their creators. Nothing in this world is certain, except for dying of course. Everything dies eventually." He said, perfectly cheerful. "That of course begs the question about the creator of the Spirits, and in turn what created them... One could go on about it forever, I suppose. It makes little sense to dwell, though, especially when do don't have any of the facts. Afterall, the human's science seems to be explaining alot of things we didn't understand before." His expression soured slightly before he added; "Not that we actually needed to understand them, anyway." Muttering under his breath.

He was silent for awhile after that. The snuffling and footsteps continued following along behind them, still Oak didn't look concerned. After awhile, they passed into a less densely wooded area, and one could see that the creature that had been following them was nothing more than a common boar. While they could be dangerous if provoked, they were usually perfectly peaceful around jackalope and aures. "See? Nothing to worry about."

They continued deeper into the forest, it became clear that no one had gone this way for a long time, especially when the undergrowth became especially think and much harder to travel through. The trees were planted so thickly, despite it being the middle of the day, it might have passed for sometime during the evening. At one point, Oak paused and dashed off to the side, brushing away with his paw some ivy that crawled around a long forgotten tree trunk, he uncovered a skull and a lantern. "We're getting close." He said simply. "Those are the lanterns of the spirits, according to legend. As for the skull... We should probably give it a proper burial. For all we know, it could be the skull of a spirit. If we leave it here after we've found it, it could be seen as disrespectful." The green jackalope then turned to Arya. "Dear, you're a little more dexterous then the rest of us. Perhaps you wouldn't mind holding the skull until we can find a place to bury it? Miss. Sky? Since we're up in front, it'd probably be beneficial if you were to hold that lantern for us."

Oak continued a little further, and he laughed in excitement once he realized where he was. "I knew it! That hill we went over? This dark patch? You see, there's a path running around it, and since we've gone over the top of it goodness knows how many hours we've saved. I was a little worried that we might have taken a wrong turn." He quickly made his way down what must have once been a path, skidding on dead leaves and rocks as he went. Eventually, he came to a small hole in the ground, just the right size for a human to squeeze their way in if they really wanted to. "The drop is about six foot, but we need to get down there somehow." He didn't bother explaining how he knew how deep the drop was.

Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wyvern Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

((Yes, I was planning on making him appear around this time. Whoops. xD))

Venture of The Spirit, Part Two. [Private, Event] Custom45

Skybreeze chuckled as she nodded at Oak while looking at him from above his head. "Sure, I´ll go get it right away!" She said as she climbed down Oak´s back and flew to the Lantern. She sudddently heard the same noise again, but she just smiled and thought it could be just another little animal roaming around. But at the very moment she took the Lantern, the trees and bushes in front of the lantern started to shake and a shadow came out. "Who´s that?" Skybreeze said as she lifted the lantern to light up the shadow in front. It was a Jackalope in a black cloak. "Huh? How is this even possible?" The shadow just stood there as if it knew what was all about. "Hehe, hi England! You just came in at the right time! Me and my friends here are looking for the Spirits you told me about!" Skybreeze said as she turned back at the group. "Oh, the Jackalope here is my friend. He was the one who referred me to the whole spirits thing. His name is Arthur, but I call him England!" She said as the two walked back to the group. "Yes, that´s me. So you´re in search of the Spirits? I never knew my friend here, Skybreeze would have came here." He said as the little Aures jumped back on Oak´s head while holding the lantern.
Wyvern
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post  Elektra Thu 15 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

"A six foot drop?" Lunosa repeated as Arya took the skull. "Yes, six feet. He didn't stutter, did he Luna?" Arya said sarcastically. Truthfully, she was somewhat irritated that whatever the source of the sounds hadn't been threatening. But nevertheless, she'd find some way to entertain herself. And then, she realized that Oak might have presented the way. Turning to him, she began to ponder on her idea. "Hey, is it possible to jump? I mean, six feet isn't very far down, and I'd really rather not try to squeeze into that hole." she said, figuring it was worth a try. She could easily make the drop, and meet up with them at the bottom, and it was a way to get her moving again. After all, being a warrior, even a royal one, had made her used to moving around a lot, and to just walk around. It was uncomfortable, to say the least.

But suddenly, her head whipped around, and the longbow that had been resting casually on her shoulder was in her hands, a round of arrows already cocked. And yet, when Sky addressed him in such a familiar manner, she could tell that this wasn't anyone she could shoot, at least not without a lot of trouble ensuing. She nodded her head, and put her bow back in its place on her back, and the arrows back into the quiver. "I apologize." she said to him. "It's a bit of an instinct, you see..."

Elektra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

"It should be possible, for someone such as yourself. I'm not quite sure how I'd fair getting down there on my own, I must admit." The jackalope looked over the edge and sucked in the air through his teeth before taking a step backwards. When he noticed the other jackalope, he stiffened slightly, though as soon as Sky seemed to recognize it, he relaxed. "Nice to meet you, Arthur sir." Oak bowed in greeting, obviously a little surprised.

He turned to Arya. "You don't intend to shoot Sky's friend now, do you Miss?" He chuckled a little, the sound deep and earthy. "Well, perhaps if you, Miss Arya would be kind enough to go first you might be able help the rest of us down if we need it? My bones are not quite what they used to be, I'm afraid."
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next