The Burrows of Aeris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yo... (LOL TITLE HAZ TO BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS!)

4 posters

Go down

Yo... (LOL TITLE HAZ TO BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS!) Empty Yo... (LOL TITLE HAZ TO BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS!)

Post  Thepowerofpie Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:00 pm

Yay for awkward introduction posts! *flails arms wildly* So I'm Pie, and I'm brand spanking new here. I got recruited from Aywas by Mousen. Due to lack of brainpower I'm going to copypaste my old RP ad from Aywas over to here. If you've got any questions about me or my RPing, feel free to ask; I'm an open book!

Hey all, I'm relatively new to this site, but I'm not new to roleplaying. I like to consider myself at least literate, but some would say I fall under advanced literate. I've got a writing sample available on demand, but its currently saved away in a word document and gets nasty formatting errors if I try to post it here. I'll admit my writing does have a few flaws, but those usually come from the fact that I'm hastily typing up a post before I go to bed so that my partners will have a post to wake up to.

My errors are mostly forgetting to actually type a small word and abusing semi-colons to make sentences technically not a run out. Example, "It had been a long hot day, and Nikolai could really use [a] drink; the sweat was pouring down his face from the laborious task he had just completed." In said example, I'd have forgotten the "a" before drink, and used a semi-colon where it should just be a new sentence.

I'm rather open ended on what I'm willing to do, but I generally stick to the following policy: I'll RP nearly anything if you ask nicely enough, but that doesn't mean I'll be good at it if I'm unfamiliar with the canon you want to RP. That being said, there are some things I like more than others, and a few things I will absolutely refuse to do no matter how nicely you ask. There are also some things I likely suck at writing by other people's standards, and I'll do my best to identify them.

1.The Elder Scrolls Series (Especially Oblivion, and extra-especially the dark brotherhood and thieves guild)
2.High fantasy medieval (again, thieves/assassin guild type stuff is an added bonus)
3.Modern or near future settings (Especially Biopunk)
4.Plot. This is a big one. I don't mind a plotless RP, but I will keep those short term for the most part.
5.Pen and Paper gaming. Yes this can be done online, and please inquire if you're interested in the process.
6.Fandoms that I know well. There are far too many to give a complete list, but they mostly consist of main-stream anime. Brief list off the top of my head: Naruto (and most of Shippuuden), Bleach, Gundam (I'm familiar with virtually all of them), Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, Trigun.
7. In case points 1 and 2 didn't make it clear, I like thieve's guild and assassin's guild type stuff quite a bit.
8. Active RPers. I understand that we all have lives, but I prefer to get responses no less than weekly without a reason for an extended absence given in advance. I WILL provide a reason if I'm going to be away from a computer or unable to respond for more than a three days. If you don't hear back from me within a week, assume I died. If I didn't, then you get a fun story as I try to apologize!

Things I refuse to write:
1.Twilight. No, just plain no.
2.Incest. See above.
3.Playing a quad. I don't mind if you play one, but I won't. I'll say that last part again... I do NOT mind rping across from a quad.
4.Gratuitous Sex Scenes. I'll go no farther than second base before forcing a timeskip. I'm not here to cyber.
5.Harry Potter. Its a good series, don't get me wrong, I just don't want to RP it.

Things I can't write well:
1.Romance: I don't mind if it pops up in an RP, but I'm not experienced at RPing it.
2.Homosexual pairings: Like the above, I haven't got experience RPing it, but in this case I also don't have knowledge from real life to borrow aside from what I see on TV.
3.Gore: I've never seen a reason to go into detail about it. Never tried, so I might be good at it, but especially don't care to try. If you ask nicely I'll add some details, but meh.

Things I'd like to try:
1.Homosexual pairings. I know I said I can't write them well, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in trying to learn! Number 4 of things I refuse to write still applies.
2. Roleplaying in a fandom. Be it with OCs or pre-existing characters I don't especially care as either could be amusing. I've got very little experience with roleplaying in a fandom, and even less using canon characters. In case I'm not familiar with a fandom, please be willing to provide a link more informative than Wikipedia to accompany your request! Ideally this should be a link to watch the show/movie if possible, or an ISBN number for books so I can snag them from the library.

A quick note about characters I'll use for those who are interested. I normally will create a new character for a long-term roleplay so that I have a character that is unique to the cannon. My pen and paper gaming background has forced me to become good at fleshing out a character nearly instantaneously. I do prefer to start without a hyper-developed character as that gives the roleplay plenty of room to grow, and room for the character to be shaped by their experiences in that world. That being said, I do have several go-to characters floating around in my head, and I will drag them out if a setting seems appropriate.
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Rhunes : 145

https://plus.google.com/117282748101194068461/posts

Back to top Go down

Yo... (LOL TITLE HAZ TO BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS!) Empty Re: Yo... (LOL TITLE HAZ TO BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS!)

Post  Talcen Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:27 pm

Welcome fellow newbie! I just got here less than a week ago, but things are nice here. I mostly only do homosexual pairings in my RPs as I am more comfortable with them personally so I can help you. I also always use the time skip as well so we have that in common too. Uh, well you can always bug me for RPs as I'm usually always on or constantly checking my email. Anyway I hope you have fun here and that you feel welcome!
Talcen
Talcen

Rhunes : 182

Back to top Go down

Yo... (LOL TITLE HAZ TO BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS!) Empty Re: Yo... (LOL TITLE HAZ TO BE AT LEAST 10 CHARACTERS!)

Post  Mousen Heath Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:08 pm

Hi, uhh, Pie? xD;

Er, I assume you've read the rules and stuff, there's nothing you wouldn't expect to be in there, basically. x3;

And we agree on alot of stuff, I'm a history nerd and I love the medieval era, but more for it's knights, courts and that sort of thing. I hate Twilight too, though I'm one of those people happy to wait like three months for a reply. Not every time, but I've got leaky gut syndrome, and it effects my mood, and I can be depressed-ish for like a week and not want to write anything, so. xD; /long story.

Though, I don't watch Anime, at all, we don't seem to really have much anime on TV in England. xD; The only fandoms I'm really familiar with is HP, Warehouse 13, A Town Called Eureka, Haven, and Stargate. Pff, /is such a nerd.

Oh! I love the elf character, that you've got. ^w^ And this is coming from someone who stays away from most mythological... uh, things(?) as a general rule. I normally write ridiculously detailed bios, but most of the characters I've got on Aeris are slightly more minor, I guess? x3; Well, they're not characters I ever intend to write a novel about, despite how much I adore them, so maybe that's it. xD;

(( When I'm half asleep, I over use: xD; Pff, and x3; ))
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Rhunes : 430

https://burrowsofaeris.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Thepowerofpie Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:42 am

@Talcen: Thanks for welcoming me! It's always nice to meet someone new Yay!. My brain is a bit freshly picked out for RP ideas at the moment as I've developed four characters and built 3 fantasy universes in the last 10 days... so I'll need a bit of time to actually get some ideas that aren't just parts of those other characters smooshed together.

@Mousen: Your assumption is entirely erroneous, so I'm going to go read those rules soon as I'm done with the post. They say the most common lie is "Yes I have read the terms of service" for a reason after all.

Knights and courts should be found in any good high fantasy medieval setting even if the story happens to center around a wizard. Just because fantastical elements are present it doesn't mean the rest of it has to vanish! As for LGS, if someone just tells me something like that up-front then I don't mind waiting on replies. I'm just the type to assume that people have exploded on me as it happens more often than I'd care to admit.

Wait.... you're in England, you like sci-fi, and Doctor Who isn't on your list? SHUNNNNN! Really though, I'd recommend watching it if you haven't seen it somehow. It's a pretty popular show across the Atlantic.

I appreciate the sentiment on Ranatl. He's a character that's been floating around in my head for a little while and finally found a home here on Aeris. By defining his back story as solidly as I have it makes everything oodles easier when it gets down to the nitty-gritty of busting him into an RP since I've got a good grasp on his personality. Speaking of that, is there a section on here to discuss forming new RPs before we jump straight into them?
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Sun 24 Jul 2011, 7:12 am

xD; Well, they're not too complex or anything, so.

Oh definitely, Merlin (completely forgot to mention that one) is one of my other favourite series. <3 I'm a sucker for anything King Arthur related, I'm trying to convince my parents that visiting Pendragon Castle near the Edam river. The legends say it was built by Uther Pendragon and he and his knights were poisoned there, though, it's more likely to be a 15th century castle than a 5th century castle. o3o

^w^ It's a kind-of temporary thing... Technically, it /doesn't/ exist to Doctors, because of the research connecting it with Autism. (Aside from a slight anxiety issue, I'm mostly normal in the brain department, mind you. ;3) Apparently, there's no way the brain and the gut can be related, despite the fact they both reside in the body. Idiots. Pff. But, you know when you've got something and the symptoms and cure line up. I was cured for about a year, but we didn't realise, it's more of a 'staying on top of things' disease rather than a 'there's a cureeeee!' disease. It's not that bad, just bloody annoying. xD;

I know, I keep meaning to get into the series, but my mother was mentally scarred by Darleks as a child and the weeping Angels episode when Tennant was Doctor just about gave me an anxiety attack. /is a wimp. ;A; I've seen bits of it, I've just never gotten into the series. I'm a research geek, I'd feel like I was cheating if I watched it without researching all the past Doctors, storylines and sidekicks. I'm a nerd, seriously. ;A;

No problem~ Erm, the RP advertisement thread would be okay for that, I guess. xD; I'd be happy to do an RP with you, not sure who I'd use, but I'm sure we could work a plot out. ^w^ I wouldn't mind bringing my dear little Necromancer character to Aeris for a spell, Rexus de Morgan. he's a bit of a doormat when he hasn't got two golems around to protect him, but other than that he's quite nice. x3; He travels between realms because he broke Death's rules in his own realm now he's bound to serve her as a 'reaper' type thing. /long story shot. Or I could use Monkjack, the regular local-yokel type jackalope. He's gruff, a little bit pessimistic and a touch lazy if the truth be told. He's got a good heart though, underneath it all. xD;
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 7:36 am

Welcome my fellow Brony! Big Grin It's awesome to have another one around. XD

Anyways, at the moment, I don't really have time to read the long intro, -is suuuper laaazy- but, from what I can gather, you seem to be a pretty cool person~ Big Grin

Anywho, if you ever wanna rp, just pm me, and I'm always open. :3 Welcome and have fun~ Big Grin
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Thepowerofpie Sun 24 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

@Mousen

If you're a sucker for King Arthur (even though you don't watch anime) I simply must recommend Fate Stay/Night. I can't really explain why as it's spoilertastic as all get out, but suffice to say that if you watch it all the way through you will go "Great Scott Batman that is possibly the most awesome interpretation of that character in the history of originality!" Regarding the LGS issue, my family is closely related to a chiropractor, I'm an empath, I've got friends that claim to see spirits, and know several reiki users. Suffice to say that I'm more open minded than most on possible diagnoses. If something is wrong with you, and you can make it better, who cares what the "real doctors" say!

I'm sorry in advance if this is offensive, but hearing that your mum was mentally scarred by Daleks as a child kind of made my day out of sheer unexpectedness. Regarding the characters you've briefly described, Rexus has caught my interest considerably. I think I'd quite enjoy putting Ranatl across from him for his introduction to Aeris. I've got an idea for a plot hook bouncing around in my head, but I'm coming up empty on more long term plot ideas since Ranatl mainly just wants to sit around and not have to fight anyone if he can avoid it. However, I'd be willing to start something up without a long term plot in mind and just see where it takes us.

@AuntSlappy: It is indeed nice to have another Brony around. I've been trapped at the college all summer for work, and I haven't even found one other brony around. Granted, 80% of the people on campus for the summer are jocks, and that leaves maybe 20 people, so I guess its not unprecedented. The TL;DR of the intro is I don't RP as quads, but will RP across from them, and will do nearly anything aside from playing a quad. Thanks for participating on the welcome committee and I'll hit you up once my brain has restock RP ideas Yay!.
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Back to top Go down

Post  auntslappy282 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

Man that must suck. XD;;

Okay. :3 I was just kinda busy at the time, and I have a TINY attention span. It's really sad. XD;; But thanks for that And I look forward to it! Big Grin
auntslappy282
auntslappy282
S33R OF M1ND! H3H3!

Rhunes : 260
Location : "That of course is the advantage of being a pessimist; a pessimist gets nothing but pleasent surprises, an optimist nothing but unpleasent."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mousen Heath Mon 25 Jul 2011, 5:05 am

I'll keep it in mind, definitely. ^w^ At the moment, as I mentioned, I'm obsessed with the BBC series Merlin. I can't die before the next series, it's just got interesting. oDo;
Hah, good to know! Seems like you know some interesting people, most people around here far too boring for my tastes. I can't abide boring people. xD; It doesn't take much to be interesting, but most people don't make the effort, it's kind of sad really.

No, it's good. xD; There was once a Darlek running rolling around this mall-type thing. And she was terrified, oh god, best day ever. XD I hate elevators, because if the darleks ever invaded they'd be able to use them to get around, and we'd all be exterminated.

That sounds good. Do you want top take the RP discussion to messages or do you just want to start the RP? :3
Mousen Heath
Mousen Heath
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thepowerofpie Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:11 am

@Mousen: I'll write up an intro post later. Just got back from tourney and didn't have breakfast so I'm a bit bluh at the moment. I'll try to get that done before the day is out.
Thepowerofpie
Thepowerofpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down